Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1606261 - 09/20/11 09:17 PM HMDA Question - Consumer and Commercial RE
RGS Offline
Platinum Poster
RGS
Home of the 8 time NCAA Champ ...
We think we're right, have read previous posts, the Q&A, staff interpretations, Getting it Right, consulted our Magic 8 Ball, and Miss Cleo. With that said, we'd still like a 48th opinion.

We have a loan that is the permanent financing of a construction loan on commercial RE. The loan also has a second mortgage on non-owner occupied residential RE owned by the same borrower to provide extra equity.

We're comfortable that the construction loan with the purpose to construct commercial property was not HMDA reportable. However, we're convinced that the separate loan to provide permanent financing is HMDA reportable since it is a refinance of a dwelling secured loan. This seems counter-intuitive and makes no sense, but we can't find any other thing to tell us that we're wrong. Are we right?

TIA

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#1606267 - 09/20/11 09:24 PM Re: HMDA Question - Consumer and Commercial RE RGS
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
If you are doing a dwelling secured loan (no matter how much of it is dwelling secured) that is a refi of a dwelling secured loan to the same borrower it is HMDA reportable. Makes no sense, never did since this change came through a while back and start sweeping many commercial deals into HMDA.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1606268 - 09/20/11 09:25 PM Re: HMDA Question - Consumer and Commercial RE RGS
TMatt87 Online
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
I would agree with you. A dwelling secured loan that replaces another dwelling secured loan is a HMDA refinance.

KB beat me by 8 seconds grin
Last edited by TMatt87; 09/20/11 09:27 PM.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM