Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1608507 - 09/26/11 03:08 PM Written List of Service Providers
wtlender Offline
Is this list specific to each mortgage loan transaction depending on which branch area we are lending to or is it a generic bank wide list?

The mortgage Lenders have been told to keep a list of appraisers in our files as the List of Service Providers???

HELP!!

Return to Top
RESPA
#1608515 - 09/26/11 03:13 PM Re: Written List of Service Providers wtlender
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
The listing should be specific to the area being serviced. i.e. if you have a cluster of branches in one market, and another cluster in another market, you would not provide the same listing to both markets unless all/most of the servicers you list also serve both markets. Or if you have a lone branch or two away from your normal market area, and the people you use in your main market area do not service that area, then they should have their own provider listing.

Appraisers should never be listed on the provider listing as the borrower is not allowed to shop/choose their appraiser.

Return to Top
#1608533 - 09/26/11 03:26 PM Re: Written List of Service Providers #Just Jay
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
ditto - especially on the fact that appraisers should NEVER be on a provider list.

Remember, you only give a provider list if you are allowing the borrower to chose for a service. Some banks feel this is some sort of informative document that has to be all inclusive. It's not. As has been discussed here numerous times, it's best to just put the provider(s) you are using to get the fee quote for the GFE. If you allow the borrower to chose, they can find other providers in the phone book, etc. Then if they chose a provider not on your list, tolerances do not apply.

Return to Top
#1610877 - 09/29/11 08:53 PM Re: Written List of Service Providers Truffle Royale
TattChica Offline
100 Club
TattChica
Va Beach, VA
If you dont provide the list what category do the title services go in? 10% or can change?

Return to Top
#1611096 - 09/30/11 03:03 PM Re: Written List of Service Providers TattChica
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Originally Posted By: TattChica
If you dont provide the list what category do the title services go in? 10% or can change?

10%

Return to Top

Moderator:  QCL