Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1609379 - 09/27/11 05:01 PM Travel Rule
pweiss Offline
100 Club
CA
Good Morning,

Are we required to disclose the Travel Rule in our wire transfer disclosure and our e-banking disclosures (we have a gift registry and a pay-a-friend service we offer)?

Thanks,

My opinions are my own and not that of my employer.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1609391 - 09/27/11 05:10 PM Re: Travel Rule pweiss
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
I do not believe it is required to be disclosed, but cannot see the harm in doing so.

Return to Top
#1609865 - 09/28/11 04:05 PM Re: Travel Rule J2C
pweiss Offline
100 Club
CA
After digging around, I found that the e-banking services do not follow the Travel Rule as they fall under Reg E. However, I couldn't find any guidance on whether or not you need to disclose the Travel Rule in your wire transfer disclosure. Unless I see or hear otherwise I won't tweak the current disclosure.

My opinions are my own and not that of my employer.

Return to Top
#1610306 - 09/28/11 11:06 PM Re: Travel Rule pweiss
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
The Travel Rule is purely a recordkeeping requirement inmposed on the bank. I'm not sure why anyone would go out of the way to cover this in a customer disclosure.

Return to Top
#1610349 - 09/29/11 11:38 AM Re: Travel Rule pweiss
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
BSA does not require anything in the way of disclosures other than the notice related to CIP and identification. That is not its function.

I'm not aware of any required disclosures for wire transfers. If there is no explicit requirement for it, I would probably consider eliminating it rather than tweaking it.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z