Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1609700 - 09/28/11 01:04 PM SDB Missing Item Form
GrannieTwo Offline
100 Club
Central IL
We recently attended a SDB seminar and the speaker stated we should develop a Missing Item Form and have procedures for steps we would follow IF a customer claims they are missing an items(s) out of the safe deposit box. Has any one ever heard of this or have such a form? Thank you!
For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2Cor 12:10

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1609965 - 09/28/11 05:09 PM Re: SDB Missing Item Form GrannieTwo
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
No, I have never heard of it.

What would you do with the form after the customer completes it?

Return to Top
#1610579 - 09/29/11 03:44 PM Re: SDB Missing Item Form califgirl
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
This isn't simply a "fill out a form" issue. This is a call the Head of Security and start a full investigation immediately issue. I would ask the client to draft a statement, in his/her own words, as to what they believe is missing and circumstances involving the item and/or box they believe to be important to the situation.

The client must be asked some very specific questions and the answers carefully recorded. When did you last enter the box? Do you recall who assisted you? Who has possession and/or access to your box keys? Do you recall when the item was placed in the box?

They should be asked to inventory all contents and acknowledge that all other contents are accounted for. The box should be closed and another opened, ensuring that all keys to the new box are provided to the client.

The entire situation must be carefully diarized. The customer should be informed that the bank is very concerned and takes its processes to safeguard box contents very seriously and that a full investigation will be conducted (including review of box entry records, vault entry films, etc.)

Return to Top
#1611351 - 09/30/11 07:18 PM Re: SDB Missing Item Form BrendaC
GrannieTwo Offline
100 Club
Central IL
Thank you for your answer and here is what I had suggested to me from a SDB "expert". Take the customer to a private place within the bank, explain the use of the keys, they have the keys to and we have the guard and we both need to be together to make it work. Review the entry card with them to determine if another co renter, deputy or POA possible would of enter the box. That's it. I like your response better. Thanks again.
For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2Cor 12:10

Return to Top