Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1613226 - 10/06/11 03:02 PM Power of Attorney
lilbo52 Offline
New Poster
Illinois
I have a customer whose ex son-in-law has POA for him. Not a good situation. Now our customer has appointed his son as POA but the sons attorney told him that we do not need revocation papers, that the new POA papers supersede the previous ones. The son is arguing that revocation papers are needed claiming that no other financial institution needed them. What are other banks procedures and where can I find more info? Thanks!!!

Return to Top
#1616089 - 10/14/11 07:33 PM Re: Power of Attorney lilbo52
MyScamper Offline
Gold Star
Between here and there
Does the new power of attorney specifically state that all previous POAs are revoked? That should settle it.

Return to Top
#1616598 - 10/17/11 09:11 PM Re: Power of Attorney MyScamper
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I thought I responded to this once before but I guess not....

It makes no sense that the son is arguing with his own attorney's opinion that no further documentation is necessary. FWIW, I've never heard of revocation papers for a POA and I've acted as and witnessed signings on a lot of them.

As stated above, most POAs and Wills read along the lines of 'as of this date I revoke any previous ___ by me made' and then go on with the new stuff. That is sufficient.

Return to Top
#1620245 - 10/26/11 03:47 PM Re: Power of Attorney Truffle Royale
lilbo52 Offline
New Poster
Illinois
For some strange reason this one didnt. I had seen them before with that but we couldn't find that anywhere in the paperwork. We ended up contacting the customer and he had the lawyer change the papers to show that the new one revokes any old ones. Thanks!

Return to Top