Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1614409 - 10/11/11 05:25 PM State of Mass. Regulated Bank and SAR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Because my institution is 'deferred' under 103.70/103.121 and the state doesn't really know what they want us to do yet, how do we go about reporting SARs? All SAR codified regs are for federal banking agencies.
it appears that our state regulator is wanting us to comply with some areas of an AML program, but not enforcing some others. SAR reporting is one of those areas that hasn't really been addressed yet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1614412 - 10/11/11 05:37 PM Re: State of Mass. Regulated Bank and SAR Anonymous
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I am hoping it is just me, but how does one get a 'deferral" from Fincen's Chapter X?

#1614419 - 10/11/11 05:54 PM Re: State of Mass. Regulated Bank and SAR Retired DQ
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are a state regulated non-bank institution.
§ 103.170 Exempted anti-money laundering programs for certain financial institutions. (2) Subject to the provisions of paragraphs (c) and (d) of this section, a bank (as defined in §103.11(c)) that is not subject to regulation by a Federal functional regulator (as defined in §103.120(a)(2)) is exempt from the requirement in 31 U.S.C. 5318(h)(1) concerning the establishment of anti-money laundering programs...

Believe me, I do not think we are truly exempt from an AML compliance program, as we are required to have a written CIP program, OFAC, training, BSA Officer, etc.

#1614425 - 10/11/11 06:04 PM Re: State of Mass. Regulated Bank and SAR Anonymous
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Thanks for the clarification. smile

#1614441 - 10/11/11 06:39 PM Re: State of Mass. Regulated Bank and SAR Retired DQ
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Wow. I have never seen that before. I almost don't believe it.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale