Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1615211 - 10/13/11 02:58 PM Whistleblower Notices & Policy???????
BSBIA Offline
New Poster
We have whistleblower notices posted throughout the bank stating the contact info of the Chairman of the Audit Committee. Our CEO is upset that customers and employees are using this line of communication to complain about his managment behavior (none of which is illegal). He wants the notices removed. Is there a law requiring that these notices are posted? Should we revise the wording to specify "illegal activities"? Any tips would be helpful.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1615220 - 10/13/11 03:07 PM Re: Whistleblower Notices & Policy??????? BSBIA
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
I'm sorry I can't help on that matter, but this post just made my morning. I almost choked on my coffee smile

#1615528 - 10/13/11 06:58 PM Re: Whistleblower Notices & Policy??????? ACBbank
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Whistleblower notices are required to be given to employees under Sox. The notice may be placed in the lunchroom...

I agree with ACB, that is pretty funny, tho!

#1615657 - 10/13/11 08:51 PM Re: Whistleblower Notices & Policy??????? Retired DQ
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
I just finished training all employees on the Whistleblower Policy. I made it very clear in the training what activities the policy covered and what activities the policy didn't cover. We haven't had any problems so far......

I don't know about the posting of notices. We are not publicly traded so SOX does not apply to us overall, but apparently the Whistleblower provision does apply to mutual institutions.

#1615741 - 10/14/11 05:08 AM Re: Whistleblower Notices & Policy??????? BSBIA
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Originally Posted By: BSBIA
We have whistleblower notices posted throughout the bank stating the contact info of the Chairman of the Audit Committee. Our CEO is upset that customers and employees are using this line of communication to complain about his managment behavior (none of which is illegal). He wants the notices removed. Is there a law requiring that these notices are posted? Should we revise the wording to specify "illegal activities"? Any tips would be helpful.

Gee your boss sounds familiar.

#1616728 - 10/18/11 01:25 PM Re: Whistleblower Notices & Policy??????? Princess Romeo
BSBIA Offline
New Poster
I thought you would all enjoy!

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale