Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1616313 - 10/17/11 02:46 PM " Low Rates and Hassle Free Closings"
OnTheEdge Offline
Diamond Poster
SmallTown, USA
I know we can't advertise "lowest rates" without being able to substaniate such a claim. Marketing wants to use the following phrase, "Home of low rates and hassle free closings" for a print mortgage loan ad. Is this ok? Both claims make me a bit nervous.
Last edited by On the Edge; 10/17/11 02:47 PM.

Return to Top
Marketing
#1616547 - 10/17/11 07:47 PM Re: " Low Rates and Hassle Free Closings" OnTheEdge
AFaquir Offline
Platinum Poster
AFaquir
Top of the world... and never ...
For me, I feel your "nervousness" especially in the light of UDAAP. I mean what's hassle free for me is not always hassle free for you. Its a generic euphemism and generally is regarded as such.

To me having the phrase "low rates" is more the sticky wicket... Low rates relative to what? Rates at 6% may be low for your bank but not low for the banking world...

In this instance I would rather see a statement "rates as low as X% and then all the disclosure print. I know it seems to complicate an easy situation but with broad and uneven application of UDAAP I would rather fall back to a position I know I can defend than a position that leaves me exposed.

Those are just my thoughts though. Somebody else may offer better suggestions.

Cheers!

MBA Fin/MBS HR

My views only!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker