Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1614915 - 10/12/11 07:13 PM R/E Loan Payoff Requests
3up3down Offline
I have received numerous payoff requests from a bank on one of our customers. The first request was on July 22nd and I responded on July 27th. Then on August 15th they asked for the payoff again. Then they requested it again on Sept. 14th and I sent it that same day. Each time I sent the payoff I included a per diem. I just received another request today. Do I have to keep sending them the payoff? Or can I notify the bank that I will only send a payoff amount if I have a request from the title company?

The customers are trying to get a fixed rate mortgage on a mobile home and 20 acres. I really think the bank is leading them on and will not be able to get them a fixed rate based on the collateral and the income of the applicants.

Thank you.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1618857 - 10/21/11 08:44 PM Re: R/E Loan Payoff Requests 3up3down
CarolinaComplian Offline
good ol south
Did the customer sign an authorization for the release of the information? As long as you have that, you are okay to give it to them. They may just be trying hard to get it to work out and want to be sure they have an updated p/o request. I don't know how you'd want to handle this situation.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z