Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1621643 - 10/28/11 06:11 PM CTR Correction required?
dickr Offline
Gold Star
dickr
Middlesex Cty NJ
Is it necessary to file corrected CTRs if the only 'error' relates to Box 1C - Multiple Transactions? The Examiner insists that the box should only be checked if multiple accounts or multiple transactors were involved, regardless of the amounts of the individual deposits. We were checking it even if all deposits were made on the same visit by the same person to one account. The instructions for Form 104 regarding Box 1C seem specific enough to me, but he wants corrected CTRs filed. All other information on the CTR is correct.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1621728 - 10/28/11 07:14 PM Re: CTR Correction required? dickr
What?? Offline
100 Club
What??
California
You should call the CTR helpline and ask them. We had a similar situation some time back and they said we didn't need to correct them. We noted the time/date & who we spoke to that they advised us to to correct them.

Return to Top
#1621762 - 10/28/11 07:50 PM Re: CTR Correction required? What??
dickr Offline
Gold Star
dickr
Middlesex Cty NJ
Thanks - I'll do that.

Return to Top
#1621779 - 10/28/11 08:13 PM Re: CTR Correction required? dickr
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
I think you'll learn from FinCEN's help line that you check 1c if the multiple transactions are processed separately by your system, as is likely if each deposit includes its own cash-in ticket. You'd omit box 1c if your system treats those deposits as a single entry with a single cash-in ticket. In other words, it's a signal to look for one or for multiple cash-ins.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1621811 - 10/28/11 08:38 PM Re: CTR Correction required? dickr
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Quote:
The Examiner insists that the box should only be checked if multiple accounts or multiple transactors were involved, regardless of the amounts of the individual deposits.

Phhhttt! You don't need to correct it because it wasn't wrong if it appears as multiple transactions on the customer's statement.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z