Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1623227 - 11/02/11 01:49 PM System crash - cash aggregation
AuditorK Offline
Platinum Poster
PA
We had a catestrophic computer system crash last week and were not able to process transactions for 3 days. Yes - I know, this proved that our disaster recovery plan was ineffective.

We kept our branches open and continued to accept customer transactions, but nothing was processed during those 3 days. Everything was processed on the 4th day, so on my daily large cash reports, nothing shows for those 3 days, and everything shows on day 4.

I assume for CTR aggregation, I can't count those 4 days as one business day? I'm thinking I need to figure out how to break apart that report go back to the business days the customers actually conducted the business. Any thoughts?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1623248 - 11/02/11 02:06 PM Re: System crash - cash aggregation AuditorK
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Was the bank able to backdate the transactions?

You can initialy aggregate and then (remember I do not know the size of your bank) and manualy reivew each item that had mulitple deposits execeeding.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1623254 - 11/02/11 02:13 PM Re: System crash - cash aggregation edAudit
AuditorK Offline
Platinum Poster
PA
As far as I know, there are no plans to backdate any transactions during this period. OD charges have been waived for these days.

Return to Top
#1623332 - 11/02/11 03:15 PM Re: System crash - cash aggregation AuditorK
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You're right, your disaster recovery process needs some work. You ran all the work together. What about interest bearing accounts? All those deposits didn't earn interest for those three days?? Otherwise, I would work the aggregate cash report as suggested. Each customer is going to have to be examined to determine whicch deposits happened on which business days.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z