BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1624829 - 11/04/11 08:32 PM Accepting temporary driver's licenses
BSABecky Offline
100 Club
BSABecky
Seymour, IN USA
Here in Indiana the BMV no longer provides an immediate driver's license when renewing. A temporary ID is given to the driver and all but the last four digits of the DL# are blocked out.

When we have non-clients coming in to do cash advances that have the temporary IDs, we have been sending them back to the BMV to get a document with the full DL#, as we need the full number for CIP purposes (and the info goes into the cash advance machine). The BMV is giving us flack for "not accepting" the temporary ID. Obviously they don't have the regulations we do and we have no recourse if this non-customer is using a stolen card or something else.

Has anyone else run into this issue before?

Thanks in advance. smile

Return to Top
#1624904 - 11/05/11 02:47 AM Re: Accepting temporary driver's licenses BSABecky
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
CIP would not require ID from a non-customer for processing a cash advance. They would not meet the definition of a customer. Your reasoning is misplaced.

Return to Top
#1625104 - 11/07/11 05:18 PM Re: Accepting temporary driver's licenses rlcarey
BSABecky Offline
100 Club
BSABecky
Seymour, IN USA
My reasoning isn't displaced. The cash advance machine REQUIRES the full DL number, and this is what we require for CIP to confirm someone's identification.

Return to Top
#1625138 - 11/07/11 05:43 PM Re: Accepting temporary driver's licenses BSABecky
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
My point was, don't confuse BSA regulations (i.e., CIP) with some operational requirement to perform a cash advance for a non-customer. They are totally unrelated.

I personally have never seen such a requirement for a cash advance terminal to process an advance. You might want to call your representative from your card company from which you have your merchant agreement.

Return to Top