Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1613076 - 10/06/11 02:48 AM prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
i just found out that my neighbor has stage 4 pancreatic and liver cancer. he's 44, with a 6 year old daughter. his wife is a trouper - her job is to work with families who's love ones have terminal illnesses. consequently, she "knows" what to expect, but this is her husband and father of their child, she doesn't know what to expect.

he's planning to start treatment next week. his parents flew in for support. his daughter has "no idea" that dad's sick. daughter's spending time at our house (when he was undergoing tests) and will be spending time with us as he undergoes treatment. my heart aches for them.

please send some healing prayers.

Return to Top
#1613539 - 10/06/11 08:38 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another wavewatcher
Princess of Power Offline
Gold Star
Princess of Power
Napa, CA
So sorry about your neighbor. Prayers from California that your neighbor will keep his spirits high, positive outlook and the strenght to endure the treatments and for his wife, the strength to support him in this journey. A journey that will be long and difficult, but ultimately will end in success. In his holy name I pray for them.

Return to Top
#1613690 - 10/07/11 02:03 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another Princess of Power
debidoo Offline
New Poster
debidoo
Sitting on the dock of the bay
So sorry for your neighbor. Cancer is an ugly disease. My prayers are with them & with you in the days to come.

Return to Top
#1613695 - 10/07/11 02:09 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another debidoo
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
frown Prayers from TN. Keep us updated on his progress. I pray that God will hold them tight through this and surround them with peace and comfort.

Return to Top
#1613789 - 10/07/11 03:53 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another Mrs. Rizzo
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Add my prayers too.
"Knowing" what to expect and actually having to live it...sigh...may she have the strength that she needs. May God hold all of you up. Prayers for you too, as you tend to the daughter's needs. What a good neighbor.

Return to Top
#1613849 - 10/07/11 05:06 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another QCL
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Is it just me or has this type of cancer been on the rise in recent years? What are we doing to ourselves?

Prayers for this family. May God give the strength they need to get thru this and give them joy in the midst of it all. Help that little child - shield her and strengthen her all the days of her life.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1613942 - 10/07/11 06:38 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another waldensouth
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
not sure what the cause or trigger for his cancer. he's been a runner from his high school days. he said he only took vitamins, which he laughingly explained why he was never that good as an athlete.

he only drinks occasionally, is a non-smoker, leads a pretty healthy life style. not sure why he was selected for this journey.

he's not asking "why me" and has been focusing on what he has to do to get better. his wife (my friend) and i will be going out tomorrow. although i worry about what is to come, i will also try to focus on the here and now and enjoy daily life.

thanks for your prayers, we'll be needed them next week.

Return to Top
#1613949 - 10/07/11 06:44 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another wavewatcher
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Sorry, wave, didn't mean to imply that he had personally done anything to get this cancer. Sometimes I think its in the air we all breathe.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1614106 - 10/07/11 09:27 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another waldensouth
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Originally Posted By: waldensouth
Sorry, wave, didn't mean to imply that he had personally done anything to get this cancer. Sometimes I think its in the air we all breathe.

I personally think our nasty drinking water and all the additives in food are to blame. One thing we've all learned is that no one is immune. It's terrifying. We can only hope that one day someone will find a cure!

Return to Top
#1614191 - 10/10/11 02:05 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another Mrs. Rizzo
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Prayers, wavewatcher.

Return to Top
#1614462 - 10/11/11 07:25 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another hmdagal
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Prayers from Oklahoma.

Return to Top
#1615505 - 10/13/11 06:35 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another Pup
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
first chemo was on tuesday. tuesday was OK. wednesday was bad. He was nauseous and the anti-nausea meds did not work. His wife finally took him to ER b/c he was so dehydrated. Needless to say, their daughter is sick with worry. We couldn’t distract her long enough for her to feel safe about her dad. She did finally fall asleep from pure exhaustion at about 10:00 pm. She was able to wake in her own bed this morning – we carried her over, luckily she didn’t even stir.

Praying today will be better. Next week he has another treatment.

Return to Top
#1617074 - 10/18/11 07:14 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another wavewatcher
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
Prayers being sent from Florida.

Return to Top
#1620443 - 10/26/11 06:54 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another ecrew,CRCM
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
WW, prayers from Texas.

It is a real puzzle to me when people who seem so healthy and are so "young" just suddenly are knocked for a loop with severe health problems..

"Put your hope in the God, for I will yet praise him,my Savior and my God." Psalm 42:5

Return to Top
#1622373 - 10/31/11 08:13 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another Quadspapa
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
we are trying to make today a happy halloween for our neighbor's daughter. her dad's not doing well with the treatments. we joked around yesterday, saying the cure is worse than the illness.

our kids will be trick or treating - hoping this activity will distract her for a little bit. we are having earthworms and spiderwebs for dinner (spagetti & parmesan cheese on top).

please pray for our neighbor's recovery through this awful treatment process.

Return to Top
#1622393 - 10/31/11 08:42 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another wavewatcher
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Prayers for the family as they battle both the disease and the cure.

Return to Top
#1628142 - 11/14/11 06:55 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another hmdagal
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
we are not doing so well. this weekend was very difficult. my neighbor is pale and tired. no more joking.

his wife is a trooper - she puts on the brave front, she knows better than any of us what is happening to him (as an end of life counselor). the two of us went on a walk, just to get her thoughts about her - we didn't always talk, toward the end of our walk, we linked arms - holding each other, gaining strength from one another.

their daughter played with my son, it was heartwarming to see them forget about how sick dad is for an afternoon of boisterous fun - chasing each other (our dog got into it too, so it was 3 of them), making smoothies (that was messy), making pizza and finally my son reading to her (so sweet).

keep those prayers coming, they need the strength to keep going on with the treatments. we need the treatments to work too.

Return to Top
#1628442 - 11/15/11 02:59 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another wavewatcher
Phoenix Offline
Platinum Poster
Phoenix
southeast
thoughts and prayers with all of you -

Return to Top
#1632068 - 11/23/11 06:43 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another Phoenix
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
nothing good is happening here. my friend (wife) is starting the count down. she's hoping he can enjoy his last christmas with her and their daughter.

we are praying and hoping for a miracle, but now, being realistic, we are praying and hoping for no pain and mental awareness to enjoy the last days of life.

peace to all during this thanksgiving holiday. we are thankful for all our friends (BOL ones included) who keep our spirits alive.

Return to Top
#1632285 - 11/25/11 07:57 AM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another wavewatcher
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
my heart breaks for my friend, her husband, and their child. today, their daughter told me she wrote to santa. she asked that her dad get better. she said she tried to be good all year, and didn't ask for anything for herself. she said she felt sad because God let her down and she believes Santa will make everything better.

as i choked back tears, i said that Santa is so busy sometimes that he can't bring everything to all children, no matter how hard he tries. i asked her to remember when she really wanted a toy and santa didn't bring it, it was because he had so many wishes to grant.

she insisted santa will make her dad better. her mom lost it, inconsolable (as how i felt). not sure what to do. keep those prayers and good thoughts coming, they (we) need it.

Return to Top
#1632300 - 11/25/11 02:22 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another wavewatcher
Phoenix Offline
Platinum Poster
Phoenix
southeast
lots of hugs to all of you -

Return to Top
#1632400 - 11/25/11 05:35 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another Phoenix
debidoo Offline
New Poster
debidoo
Sitting on the dock of the bay
Praying for your friends family & you that God will show you the way!!!

Return to Top
#1632469 - 11/26/11 02:00 AM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another debidoo
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Continuing to pray for all of you.

Return to Top
#1632484 - 11/26/11 08:13 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another hmdagal
Zoo Mama Offline
100 Club
Many, many, many prayers from our whole family.

Return to Top
#1632857 - 11/29/11 01:19 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another Zoo Mama
lucyc Offline
Diamond Poster
lucyc
More prayers from Florida.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett