Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1628862 - 11/15/11 11:26 PM member FDIC
banker-12 Offline
Diamond Poster
Do we need to include "member FDIC" on a koozie? The koozie does have the bank name on it.

thanks,

Return to Top
Marketing
#1628879 - 11/16/11 12:50 AM Re: member FDIC banker-12
EmilyAnn Offline
Gold Star
12 CFR 328.3(d) Types of advertisements which do not require the official advertising statement: (9) Advertisements which are of the type or character that make it impractical to include the official advertising statement, including, but not limited to, promotional items such as calendars, matchbooks, pens, pencils, and key chains;

Define impractical for me smile I used to think that this exception meant items too small to include Member FDIC, but it would be entirely possible to include it on a calendar.

I'd be willing to consider it "impractical" to include the advertising statement on promotional items period. And considering the items I've seen from other banks, most bankers would agree with me. For example, I don't know of any banks that have Member FDIC on logo shirts, name tags, coolers, koozies, duffle bags, padfolios...the list goes on and on...

Return to Top
#1629158 - 11/16/11 05:21 PM Re: member FDIC EmilyAnn
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: EmilyAnn
12 CFR 328.3(d) Types of advertisements which do not require the official advertising statement: (9) Advertisements which are of the type or character that make it impractical to include the official advertising statement, including, but not limited to, promotional items such as calendars, matchbooks, pens, pencils, and key chains;

Define impractical for me smile I used to think that this exception meant items too small to include Member FDIC, but it would be entirely possible to include it on a calendar.

I'd be willing to consider it "impractical" to include the advertising statement on promotional items period. And considering the items I've seen from other banks, most bankers would agree with me. For example, I don't know of any banks that have Member FDIC on logo shirts, name tags, coolers, koozies, duffle bags, padfolios...the list goes on and on...

That is usually because Marketing employs a do now, ask later attitude. wink

Return to Top
#1629178 - 11/16/11 05:40 PM Re: member FDIC #Just Jay
EmilyAnn Offline
Gold Star
Likely that is the case...but I can still make a case for it being impractical to include Member FDIC on promotional items.

Return to Top
#1629500 - 11/17/11 01:35 PM Re: member FDIC EmilyAnn
Bob The Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob The Banker
I can see both sides. Either way, it is certainly an acceptable risk as it is an extremely low risk item.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker