Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1630219 - 11/18/11 03:42 PM free website for screening new customers?
NancyF Offline
100 Club
NancyF
PA
Is anyone aware of a free website for screening new customers? It is supposed to be at least somewhat equivalent to the chexsystems service. I work at a very small institution and would prefer not to continue paying for chexsystems, especially now that there is a mandatory upgrade (which we really don't need). Another vendor we use told us the he heard of this free website at another of his bank clients, but did not know details. Anyone?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1630222 - 11/18/11 03:44 PM Re: free website for screening new customers? NancyF
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I find it hard to believe that there is a free credit reporting agency.

Return to Top
#1630225 - 11/18/11 03:47 PM Re: free website for screening new customers? NancyF
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
This is improbable. Your time would be best spent going back to the person who says it exists and asking for the name of the person who told him that.

Return to Top
#1630630 - 11/18/11 09:55 PM Re: free website for screening new customers? Elwood P. Dowd
BC78a Offline
Gold Star
BC78a
New York
I rember at one time (a long long time a go)there was a free OFAC checking site (I think it was offered by Bridger). I have not seen the site in years.

If you do not want to pay for a site; download the OFAC list in PDF format and do a text search.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z