Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#16307 - 04/26/02 02:39 PM Sig Cards
KK Offline
100 Club
KK
Southern California
How do you address those unused signature lines on sig cards? Do you just leave them blank, do you line them out, do you put xxxx's in them?

Thanks for your feedback

Return to Top
General Discussion
#16308 - 04/26/02 03:08 PM Re: Sig Cards
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
When I worked for an audit firm (and it was the practice at a bank I used to work for) we always suggested that they "X" through or line through the unused signature lines.
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
#16309 - 04/27/02 01:38 PM Re: Sig Cards
Dana Turner Offline

Platinum Poster
Dana Turner
Pipe Creek TX - U.S.
KK:
If you use computer-generated signature cards, program the software to only print out the number of signature lines as you have applicants. You may also have the ability to print a custom phrase when the card is generated, such as "THIS ACCOUNT HAS TWO (2) AUTHORIZED SIGNERS".

If the new accounts representative types information on to a pre-printed card, use a red, felt-tip, water-soluble pen to line out the unused lines. Any attempt to add a signature will require the obliteration of the red line by using a liquid ("Liquid Paper") or paper-based (label) product. Either means will still show the alteration -- as a runny, pink mess or a pink label.

Return to Top