Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1631434 - 11/22/11 05:28 PM Property type?
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
In HMDA, the occupancy is tied to the real estate securing the loan and being reported for the MSA/Census tract. So is the property type also tied to these?

For example: Commercial Loan to purchase autos and mobile home, secured by the customers residence. Would property type be 2-manufactured housing, purpose 1-purchase home but occupancy would be 1-owner occupied with that residence address used for the MSA/Census tract information?

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#1631562 - 11/22/11 07:55 PM Re: Property type? Likes to Comply
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: SRR
In HMDA, the occupancy is tied to the real estate securing the loan and being reported for the MSA/Census tract. So is the property type also tied to these?
Yes. You report the type based on the property being reported.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#1631583 - 11/22/11 08:07 PM Re: Property type? Adam Witmer
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Thanks...so in the example above, the property type should be 1-1-4 family and not 2-maufactured housing, since the property type would be tied to the occupancy and property location reported.

Thanks again!

Return to Top
#1631598 - 11/22/11 08:25 PM Re: Property type? Likes to Comply
complylady Offline
Platinum Poster
complylady
Michigan
I agree with SRR, occupancy, property type, and CT data are geared to the property the loan relates to - which is the customer's residence.

Return to Top
#1631748 - 11/23/11 01:55 AM Re: Property type? Likes to Comply
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: SRR
...so in the example above, the property type should be 1-1-4 family and not 2-maufactured housing, since the property type would be tied to the occupancy and property location reported.
That is how I would report it.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM