Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1632098 - 11/23/11 07:04 PM Purchase, Home Improvement, Refi?
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Original loan was temporary financing to purchase and improve property. Now the loan has been refi'd to permanent financing with additional takeout for overrun improvement costs.

I think this should be home improvement purpose, b/c of the takeout to cover the additional improvement costs.

Since it was not construction to perm, it would not be purchase; and since there still are some home improvement considerations, it would not be refi.

Is this correct?

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#1632192 - 11/23/11 08:47 PM Re: Purchase, Home Improvement, Refi? Likes to Comply
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
I would report it as a purchase. If you didn't report the first loan and called it temporary financing, this would be your purchase loan.

Per appendix D of the Guide: "A home purchase loan includes both a combined construction/permanent loan and the permanent financing that replaces a construction-only loan."

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#1632208 - 11/23/11 09:19 PM Re: Purchase, Home Improvement, Refi? Adam Witmer
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
A light bulb went off...

Because it was temporary financing to purchase then the permanent financing of the purchase is considered purchase

same as construction to perm.

Right?

Return to Top
#1632212 - 11/23/11 09:23 PM Re: Purchase, Home Improvement, Refi? Likes to Comply
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I would agree with that.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1632507 - 11/28/11 01:33 PM Re: Purchase, Home Improvement, Refi? Likes to Comply
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: SRR
Because it was temporary financing to purchase then the permanent financing of the purchase is considered purchase

I would agree. It appears you have not yet reported your "purchase" for this loan, so this would appear to be your purchase.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM