Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#1633528 - 11/30/11 03:38 PM Re: Our lobby Christmas Tree Dip
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Originally Posted By: Dip
Up until the last two years, we always had really nice trees. They were themed, but still somewhat classic. My favorite was the elf tree. It was a real tree decorated with classic ornaments, but then there were elves hiding in it and also a big ladder set up next to it with elves on it, as if they are decorating it. Very cute, and it was a bgi tree too (we have a big lobby for a 24-floor building). Another year it was themed in silver and light blue with little penguins and shiny ornaments.

We got soem crazy building managers in the last couple years and they are off their rockers with the lobby tree these days.

Last year, our "tree" was a wire-framed cone strung with teddy bears. All the same teddy bear--light brown with a red bow on its neck. It was awful...awfully creepy! I think only the crazy teddy bear people liked it.

Thsi year tops last year for sure. Again, no real tree. OH no....it's a giant fake PINK tree!!! Liek light bubble gum candy pink! And it has fake snow on it and glitter and giant cupcakes and fruity nutcrackers and diva'd gingerbread men on it. It just screams "a bakery just threw up in a 5 year old little girls bedroom!" It's bad (and for those of you on FB, I posted a pic of it on my page). Adn to be frank, I don't think it's professional. In a bakery of a little kids boutique, sure, btu nto in a professional office building full of bankers and lawyers.

Luckily, I can see into the other building's lobby across the street and drool over their classic Christmas tree done up in gold and deep red... cry

I think the difference here is you are in a public office building that also has other tenants and it is not the "bank" tree but the building tree, correct? The others are describing trees that their bank decorated. Within your bank you could have control over decorations.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1633548 - 11/30/11 03:49 PM Re: Our lobby Christmas Tree Kathleen O. Blanchard
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Yup, it's the building tree. The bank owns the building and contracts the kooky building managers. The tenants have no say, though you'd think they'd have caught wind of how upset we were with last year's tree and done somethign more traditional this year.

Yesteday afternoon, they put out chocolate and cookies next to the tree...I think they are tryign to bribe us to like it. I took some when I left and again when I came in this morning. I still don't liek the tree, btu I am less angry abotu it laugh

Return to Top
#1633571 - 11/30/11 04:07 PM Re: Our lobby Christmas Tree esks
NU Rhules Offline
Gold Star
NU Rhules
SE, Nebraska
We have three trees (verying heights) all classically decorated in our front lobby - think classic oak trim decorated building. The trees accompany a 4' long Sleigh built by a local woodworker filled with presents, surrounded by fake snow (cotton) on the floor beneath the sleigh. We set up the TV on Friday and watched Nebraska kick Iowa's rear end while setting up the trees. The tellers kept telling us to move so they could see the game. smile The only thing missing is a poster with Luke's account of Christ's birth - which of course everyone knows is the reason for the season.

Return to Top
#1633600 - 11/30/11 04:36 PM Re: Our lobby Christmas Tree Bobby Boucher
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Bobby Boucher
Originally Posted By: Pale
Save the girls!!!

That goes with Christmas so well.

Wouldn't be the Christmas shopping season if the stores were any less hooter--hotter than they are

It is a bit nipply out, what did I say, nipple?

Return to Top
#1633609 - 11/30/11 04:40 PM Re: Our lobby Christmas Tree NU Rhules
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Originally Posted By: Cornhusker
We set up the TV on Friday and watched Nebraska kick Iowa's rear end while setting up the trees. The tellers kept telling us to move so they could see the game. smile

We had the radio on, getting more and more sad as the game went on...but then again, we fully expected to lose!

We have about a dozen, all over the place. Basically every department does their own decorating, has their own tree, etc. The lobby has nothing in it as of yet, but will have a simple 8 foot tree at some point this week, tastefully decorated, with some of the tags including wish lists for local underpriveledged kids that we do every year.

Return to Top
#1633664 - 11/30/11 05:23 PM Re: Our lobby Christmas Tree Dip
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~

this would be cute at Sephora/Mac or a salon/spa.....not an office building it looks like a wifey who is on too many meds off in la la land came up with this smirk I'm sorry

Return to Top
#1633675 - 11/30/11 05:31 PM Re: Our lobby Christmas Tree Matt_B
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Originally Posted By: Matt_B
If you have an issue with people eating your shrubbery, you may have bigger problems to address!

Return to Top
#1633676 - 11/30/11 05:32 PM Re: Our lobby Christmas Tree *nUnZeO*
esks Offline
Willie still loves razor bacon...
We have a nice, new, prelit tree, but too few ornaments. It is pretty bare. Lame-o!

Everyone was in a Grinchy mood yesterday when it was time to get the decorations going, so there were only two of us doing it. We are a small branch, so all we do is put up the tree, a wreath and some misc. garland.

Our branch across town has someone do the decorating for them, and people complain that they don't get to help. I'm guessing if they had to do it themselves, they wouldn't want to anymore!

Return to Top
#1633695 - 11/30/11 05:44 PM Re: Our lobby Christmas Tree esks
BowlingQueen Offline
Power Poster
Wisconsin
Our main office has elaborate decorations throughout....very Christmas-y. We have a group of about 6 - 7 female employees who come in on a Saturday and spend the entire day putting the displays together.....it's become quite the tradition over the years and they do a wonderful job. Everything is very traditional in theme....no crazy "pink" stuff. LOL

Return to Top
#1633745 - 11/30/11 06:52 PM Re: Our lobby Christmas Tree BowlingQueen
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
We are a small branch- Only 4 full time employees, a part timer, and a regional supervisor who travels so much I'm surprised she remembers which branch her office is actually in.

the first few years we put up a large traditional tree- it belong to our teller supervisor and she brought it in when she got a new one. Pretty much all our decorations are employee owned/donated. But this year and last year instead of a big tree, we have a small table top fiber optic tree and lighted garland on the large picture window. We have lights with bows on the Drive through window, and random tabletop decorations on various surfaces throughout the bank.

Being the jew- in my little corner i normally have a Dreidal Candy dish and a small Menorah up during Hannukah.

Return to Top
#1633746 - 11/30/11 06:52 PM Re: Our lobby Christmas Tree BowlingQueen
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: BowlingQueen
We have a group of about 6 - 7 female employees who come in on a Saturday and spend the entire day putting the displays together.....

it's good to see they know their place.....

I'm kidding!

Return to Top
#1633768 - 11/30/11 07:02 PM Re: Our lobby Christmas Tree Peepers
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
oooh peepers!!! lmao

Return to Top
#1633790 - 11/30/11 07:18 PM Re: Our lobby Christmas Tree Pup
PATSGirl74 Offline
PATSGirl74
Massachusetts
My mind tends to go with Dips .... which is why it seems so wrong to me to have it in the lobby like that. But yeah sure she could be falling to the ground as well. I just want to sneak over and replace her with a much smaller tree topper - preferably a star.

Return to Top
#1633797 - 11/30/11 07:22 PM Re: Our lobby Christmas Tree Loralie
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Originally Posted By: Loralie
We are a small branch- Only 4 full time employees, a part timer, and a regional supervisor who travels so much I'm surprised she remembers which branch her office is actually in.

the first few years we put up a large traditional tree- it belong to our teller supervisor and she brought it in when she got a new one. Pretty much all our decorations are employee owned/donated. But this year and last year instead of a big tree, we have a small table top fiber optic tree and lighted garland on the large picture window. We have lights with bows on the Drive through window, and random tabletop decorations on various surfaces throughout the bank.

Being the jew- in my little corner i normally have a Dreidal Candy dish and a small Menorah up during Hannukah.

That's super cute, and I'm glad that you have the capability to decorate for that at your workplace

Return to Top
#1633829 - 11/30/11 07:56 PM Re: Our lobby Christmas Tree *nUnZeO*
banker bee Offline
Our tree is classically decorated. It is also classic in the sense that it hasn't changed in 15 years! Our tellers decorate it on Black Friday every year throughout the day since it is always a slow day. So the lobby is a mess for a few hours, but the customers that come in are regulars and socialize around the tree decorating.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4