Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#16378 - 04/26/02 09:42 PM CA - SB 168 (Identity Theft)
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Can anyone tell me where I can find an online version of the final California SB 168 dealing with identity theft. I understand that sometime between 7-1-2002 and 7-1-2005 banks will be prohibited from printing a customer's social security number on statements.

Thanks!

Return to Top
#16379 - 04/26/02 10:10 PM Re: CA - SB 168 (Identity Theft)
Al Miller Offline
Diamond Poster
Al Miller
Pleasanton CA USA

Return to Top
#16380 - 05/22/02 05:38 PM Re: CA - SB 168 (Identity Theft)
Pat Patrick Offline
New Poster
Winston-Salem, NC
Can you point me to any interpretations, clarifications, Q&As, etc. to help with implementation of this law? For example, help with what qualifies as an application/form that would be exempt?

Return to Top
#16381 - 05/22/02 07:11 PM Re: CA - SB 168 (Identity Theft)
Miss Kitty Offline
Platinum Poster
California
I too had inquired on this a couple of weeks ago. Today I received an email from CBA - this is his response: "I've posed this question to a few folks and it would appear that this is a common problem. It would do no good to suppress a particular field because it is used also for other purposes. The best solution would rest with the sender, i.e., Treasury, modifying the way they originate the ACH. I'm having some conversations with our federal lobbyist to see whether some communication with that agency might help. Things may move along quicker if Congress has its way because it is also considering a similar SSN privacy bill."

Return to Top