Thread Options
#1639495 - 12/15/11 04:49 PM 2 loans one app and a Counter
AFaquir Offline
Platinum Poster
AFaquir
Top of the world... and never ...
Scenario:

Customer comes in asks for a Refi-loan.

Loan is denied due to appraisal, but counter offer is made for a lower loan refi amount and a second Home Equity Loan (for home improvement)...

Customer "verbally" accepts the couter, so we open the home equity loan file on our system. After about 10 days customer decides they do not want to make EITHER loan...

How the heck do I close these and count these on my HMDA... the Refi one is easy, but what do I do with this home improvement loan? I only have the one app and a counter offer but it created two loans on my LAR...

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

MBA Fin/MBS HR

My views only!

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#1639515 - 12/15/11 05:17 PM Re: 2 loans one app and a Counter AFaquir
Brent B Offline
Champaign, IL
You would report as a denial of the original loan request. A counteroffer only is accepted if it results in origination.

Return to Top
#1639602 - 12/15/11 06:04 PM Re: 2 loans one app and a Counter Brent B
AFaquir Offline
Platinum Poster
AFaquir
Top of the world... and never ...
So report them both the same... approved not accepted?

MBA Fin/MBS HR

My views only!

Return to Top
#1639620 - 12/15/11 06:13 PM Re: 2 loans one app and a Counter AFaquir
Island Dreaming Offline
100 Club
midwest
Search the HMDA Getting it Right Guide for 'counteroffers'. If a counteroffer doesn't result in an origination, you report only the original application as a denial. Given the information from your original post, the denial reason would be collateral value.

Return to Top
#1639909 - 12/15/11 11:34 PM Re: 2 loans one app and a Counter Island Dreaming
starfish Offline
Gold Star
starfish
Seattle
I would report one transaction- a denial for the original amount requested by the borrower. Just curious...did the customer sign loan documents for the home equity loan before you put it on your system?

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM