Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1641930 - 12/21/11 07:13 PM Date Received for loans sold to secondary mkt
CaseyBoo30 Offline
Gold Star
Winchester, KY
What date received should be noted or is the best choice to be noted on the HMDA LAR for a loan sold to the secondary market? The file contains 2 applications, an original and a second typed application where the date is the same day as the loan closing. The Regulation and staff commentary are somewhat vague in that they say to used the "date received" or the "date on the application". Both applications are dated and both contain a date received. I would think the first untyped application would be the "true" date received and the correct date to use but the compliance officer for the bank i work for is using the typed application dated the same as the loan closing. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#1642194 - 12/22/11 02:04 PM Re: Date Received for loans sold to secondary mkt CaseyBoo30
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:
The Regulation and staff commentary are somewhat vague in that they say to used the "date received" or the "date on the application".

The date received is the date the bank actually received the application. Most banks date stamp when the application is received, absent a date stamp you would use the date on the "original" application.

Quote:
the compliance officer for the bank i work for is using the typed application dated the same as the loan closing.

As an examiner your CO would have to prove to me that you received, processed and closed the loan in one day, otherwise I would cite you for LAR entry errors for the date application received field.

Return to Top
#1642590 - 12/22/11 08:48 PM Re: Date Received for loans sold to secondary mkt CaseyBoo30
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Dan's absolutely right (of course).

Further, using the typed application dated the same as the loan closing, you could get nailed for violations to a whole bunch of other Regs too. RESPA & MDIA, loan date is trigger date for disclosure and 7 day waiting periods, respectively; UW, need an application date to determine if you got the loan underwritten in time; etc., ad nauseum.

Date stamp when received OR date face to face signed are really your only choices.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM