BOL Conferences
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1721380 - 07/18/12 09:20 PM Re: FFIEC Authentication Guidance AFaquir
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
We use OOB method. If a client states they can't use OOB, would we be able to have them sign a waiver stating they hold us blameless if their system is compromised?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1722155 - 07/22/12 11:17 AM Re: FFIEC Authentication Guidance AFaquir
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Knowingly providing services in less than what is believed to be a secure environment would probably be a little hard to defend regardless of any such hold harmless agreement. That customer is either able to comply or cannot use the services is the only logical approach.

Return to Top
#1724628 - 07/27/12 11:19 PM Re: FFIEC Authentication Guidance DD Regs
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Originally Posted By: DD Regs
If a client states they can't use OOB, would we be able to have them sign a waiver stating they hold us blameless if their system is compromised?

Read the PATCO decision or tune into this webinar. http://calendar.bollearningconnect.com/main.php?view=event&eventid=1341926976105

Banks are losing these suits as there are disputes over which system was compromised, was security adequate and now, was it reasonable.

A waiver isn't reasonable.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator:  Andy_Z