BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1642707 - 12/23/11 01:55 AM Re: Do your kids believe in Santa? HappyGilmore
bonette Offline
100 Club
georgia
$5 a tooth! A far cry from the 25 cents i got as a child.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1642749 - 12/23/11 02:11 PM Re: Do your kids believe in Santa? HappyGilmore
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
your kids are ripping you off!! my daughter gets gold dollars, fifty cent pieces, etc. At most a $2 bill. All that "junk" money that tellers hate to deal with.

Return to Top
#1642760 - 12/23/11 02:19 PM Re: Do your kids believe in Santa? HappyGilmore
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
My 14 yo asked me "If I live to be 95 will Santa still show up and put presents under my tree as long as I believe?" My answer - YEP.

My answer to Katie about Santa when she was about 10 or 11 - St. Nicholas was a real person who lived a long time ago and gained a reputation as someone who loved children, cared for them, and tried to make their lives more pleasant. Parents today try to keep that spirit alive by being Santa Claus for their kids each year at Christmas - and it doesn't even have to be parents - we can all play Santa for someone and enjoy the spirit of loving and caring for others at Christmas and throughout the year.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1642800 - 12/23/11 03:35 PM Re: Do your kids believe in Santa? waldensouth
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: waldensouth
My answer to Katie about Santa when she was about 10 or 11 - St. Nicholas was a real person who lived a long time ago and gained a reputation as someone who loved children, cared for them, and tried to make their lives more pleasant. Parents today try to keep that spirit alive by being Santa Claus for their kids each year at Christmas - and it doesn't even have to be parents - we can all play Santa for someone and enjoy the spirit of loving and caring for others at Christmas and throughout the year.

Thumbs up!

That's how my parents taught us to see Santa (once we found out). They never said he wasn't real, they said he WAS real, he just wasn't alive anymore, but his spirit was real and lived on in people who carried on his message.

My 6 year old definitely believes in Santa. So much so that when I created that personalized video for her from Santa on that portable north pole thingie, she got teary-eyed when Santa spoke to her and said she was on the "nice" list. LOL So sweet. I want to keep that magic alive for her as long as I can. And we'll have fun continuing it for our little one. She's only 4 months old now, so we still have years of Santa magic to look forward to. smile

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1642859 - 12/23/11 04:26 PM Re: Do your kids believe in Santa? HappyGilmore
JacksTigger Offline
Gold Star
JacksTigger
lost in compliance land
Ok--I have to share the conversation I had in the car this morning with my three kids taking them to my parents so I could come to work.

My 9 yr old (almost ten) annouces that he is locking my husband and me in our bedroom on Christmas Eve to prove that we are really Santa--he figures that if he locks us in our bedroom and there are no presents in the morning from the big guy--that proves it's just mom and dad. If there are still presents--then Santa must be real. His 7 yr old sister annouces to him that OF COURSE there is a SANTA and OF COURSE there will presents on the fireplace on Christmas morning. The 13 yr old in the back seat (who knows the truth, but also knows you have to believe to receive) agrees with his little sister that there will be presents on Christmas morning.

Now my 9 yr is a very early riser, so my husband had been threatening to tie him to his bed on Christmas Eve so that he can't get up too early. So I asked him how was he going to lock me in my bedroom when Daddy was going to tie him to his bed? He comes up with--"later after you go to bed, I'm going wiggle out of my bed and come down the hall to lock you in."

Should be an interesting weekend.....

CRCM

Return to Top
#1642883 - 12/23/11 05:01 PM Re: Do your kids believe in Santa? HappyGilmore
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
LMAO! laugh

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1642900 - 12/23/11 05:14 PM Re: Do your kids believe in Santa? HappyGilmore
She Golfs Offline
massachusetts
Had a friend who was a second grade teacher. She casually announced during class discussion that Santa wasn't real. She doesn't teach anymore!

Return to Top
#1643068 - 12/23/11 08:39 PM Re: Do your kids believe in Santa? HappyGilmore
Overboard Offline
100 Club
Overboard
Minnesota
My daughters kindergarden teacher told the class there was no Santa. She was very upset when she came home from school that day.

Return to Top
#1643137 - 12/23/11 10:04 PM Re: Do your kids believe in Santa? HappyGilmore
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
One day when my oldest was about four, I was getting us ready to go to Pre-K (in the spring I think) and he comes into the bedroom very worried and says "Mommy, if Santa can get in, a BURGLAR could get in! It took me a while to explain that God had graced Santa with magical abilities that the burglars definately did not have. He calmed down, but still looked a little nervous.

Return to Top
#1643212 - 12/24/11 05:18 PM Re: Do your kids believe in Santa? HappyGilmore
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
My older brother told me Santa wasn't real when I was only 5. When I started to cry, he laughed and told me the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy weren't real... they were just our mom and dad, too. I ran downstairs and yelled at my mom, "You lied to me!" and sobbed into my pillow, heartbroken. I can still remember how sick to my stomach and upset I felt. Ah, the loss of innocence. Then, we two were sworn to secrecy for the sake of our younger brother, who went on to believe until he was 11.

My ex had a son from a previous marriage; the Christmas that the little guy had just turned 3 years old, his mother was angry that we had him for Christmas Eve (we alternated years, per their divorce decree), so she told little man an hour before we arrived to retrieve him that there was no Santa Claus. We had a two hour car drive to listen to him cry and then when we arrived, I got to hold a heartbroken, clingy 3 year old until it was time to go to bed. All of us were miserable that year. I explained how Santa's spirit lives in each one of us and we create Christmas magic, but I think he was too young to grasp it all. I thought he was finally asleep when he crept down the stairs in his little footed pajamas and sobbed, "maybe we should put out cookies anyway... just in case." We put out a plate of cookies for Santa and a carrot for the reindeer. We elaborately left crumbs and a dirty milk glass on the table and on the snow, there were little chewed up pieces of carrot and "hoofprints" in the front yard when he awoke. He looked at me with huge shining solemn eyes and said, "maybe mom was wrong!" smile

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3