Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1643997 - 12/28/11 09:38 PM Re: Cancer Pup
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
As I said earlier, "Keep it up".

You can be tired and still be a fighter. Keep fighting, FBH.

Return to Top
#1644002 - 12/28/11 10:00 PM Re: Cancer Pup
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Keep up the fight! It has to be hard when you're battling both the disease and the cure, but hang in there. I'll pray for a good outcome.

Return to Top
#1644005 - 12/28/11 10:02 PM Re: Cancer hmdagal
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Keep fighting FBH! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Return to Top
#1644055 - 12/29/11 11:52 AM Re: Cancer RR Sarah
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
FBH, your attitude and gumption to fight will be the reason you overcome this. Of course, prayers will help too! I will keep you in mine. Hang in there!

Return to Top
#1644393 - 12/29/11 08:33 PM Re: Cancer Pup
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
FBH, just enjoy life (it sure looks liek you are laugh )--that alone can be healing in itself smile

Return to Top
#1644443 - 12/29/11 09:11 PM Re: Cancer Pup
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Best of luck and my prayers for sure! My dad has prostate cancer and it takes its toll, if nothing else in occupying the mind. My prayers for recovery and peace of mind and heart!

Return to Top
#1646015 - 01/04/12 07:22 PM Re: Cancer Pup
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
Thanks for all the well wishes - it's defintely a rough battle. I've always been kind of a high energy individual, and the damage both the cancer and the chemo have done to my body is hard to deal with. I used to be able to walk my dog for hours and miles, and now I'm reduced to a block or to.

It's very difficult to get used to, and I wonder if I'll ever get back to any semblance of the strength and mobilty I've enjoyed most of my life. I hope so - I still feel like I have a lot I want to accomplish. I feel worse for my dog than me, we take shorter walks, and I can tell she wants to go farther. I want to take her, but it's gotten too hard.

I've gotten to the point where I can't differentiate what's a cancer effect and what's chemo, but I guess it really doesn't matter. I've just been doing what I can.

Anyway - thanks again for the messages. It definitely encourages me to fight on!

Return to Top
#1646686 - 01/05/12 07:11 PM Re: Cancer Pup
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
God Bless You, FBH. I saw what chemo did to my brother, really harsh. Since his surgery in August, he's been slowing coming back...still surprises him that it's taking so long. God led him to M. D. Anderson in Houston and we credit the wonderful sarcoma doctors there with saving his life.

Praying God gives you strength and lifts you up physically and spiritually as you travel through this valley. Make 2012 the "Year of You". Do what YOU want to do and let the rest slide. Don't sweat the small stuff...and isn't most of what we worry about really "small stuff"?

Return to Top
#1647436 - 01/06/12 06:43 PM Re: Cancer Pup
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
Thanks, I'm glad your brother is recovering - that gives me hope too!

It's funny how going through something like this really puts the world in perspective. I generally spend most of my time and energy now with friends and family, and trying to travel. I just want to fill whatever remaining time I have with experiences and connections. All the background noise and minutae of everyday life has disappeared.

It's one of the best things to come out of this sh*tstorm I've had the past few years. Here's hoping I get a little miracle this year and move into remission. Chemo's been killing me (literally and figuratively) lately - I could use a little break.

Return to Top
#1721460 - 07/19/12 01:52 PM Re: Cancer Pup
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
bump

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett