We are the RDFI of funds from federal student aid disbursements. In the circumstance where an ACH deposit was made to the wrong account, when private funds are involved, the ODFI will request an R06 Return. A letter of indemnification is normally part of that request. When the ODFI is sending federal funds however, it is my understanding that it is not possible to obtain the letter of indemnification.

Can anyone point me to a source for this information in order to verify?
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking." ~ Voltaire
"Sustained thinking gives me a headache." ~Me