BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Thread Options
#1644631 - 12/30/11 02:17 PM Inked?
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Ok I looked and didnt find this as a thread. So my bad if it has been already thrashed over. And I realize that some tats are very personal and you may not want to share.
How many have tat's? Where did you get yours. Good ecperiences? Bad? Suggestions and Advice? Best Artists?
My daughters really want me to get inked and have a design tat includes, their names and my grandaughters. Their first idea was a full back cross with names on it like a headstone....Ummm NO! Thinking of either a viking dragon the wraps the bicep or a Celtic arm band. I dont mind the cross on the shoulder, but that's it.
Thanks

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1644633 - 12/30/11 02:34 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
<---- loves tatts (on other peeps)

<----- has no tatts

Return to Top
#1644636 - 12/30/11 02:38 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
doobydoobydoo Offline
Power Poster
doobydoobydoo
Basking in the Cool Weather
No tats

If I ever get one, it will be a tree from an album cover.... probably on my chest or shoulder blade

Return to Top
#1644637 - 12/30/11 02:26 PM Re: Inked? doobydoobydoo
A_G Offline
10K Club
how you doin? cool

Return to Top
#1644638 - 12/30/11 02:26 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
<--- likes tats, usually

<--- has no tats, but wants one and knows exactly the design. Just needs to work up the courage to do it.

Return to Top
#1644639 - 12/30/11 02:27 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
BFrame Offline
Gold Star
BFrame
USA
When I was 20 I got a small "tramp stamp" - typically girlie butterfly with no meaning. I wanted a tattoo, so I got one.
I'm glad it's on my back, so I don't ever have to look at it.

If I had it to do all over again, I don't think I'd waste the money on something with no meaning.

With that being said, I appreciate that others find it as a way to express themselves or remember someone or something.

Return to Top
#1644641 - 12/30/11 02:28 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I have 2. Hubby has 5. All have meaning.
I have my 3rd designed, just haven't done it yet.

Return to Top
#1644644 - 12/30/11 02:33 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
That's one thing that has taken so long. I would not get a tat just for S & G's. This will be about my girls. I know a general idea but I need an artist that can bring it to life. They like the back, because my back is a big canvas. But I checked and I'm not dropping the better part of $2000 on a giant back tat! Needless to say, like so many here, it will have to be discreet...

Return to Top
#1644646 - 12/30/11 02:34 PM Re: Inked? QCL
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: QCL – MamaBEAR
I have 2. Hubby has 5. All have meaning.
I have my 3rd designed, just haven't done it yet.

You were happy with your artist (artists)? Big? Little?
Reccomendations on how to pick and artist or even a spevific one?

Return to Top
#1644648 - 12/30/11 02:41 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
I don't have anything against them, but don't think I could ever come up with anything that I would want on me for the rest of my life! Not having kids and stuff, that probably has something to do with it.

One of my ex's got one with a bunch of co-workers and when I told her I wasn't a big fan, she went out and got two more lol. Then again, hers were the silly little meaningless ones that she'll probably regret at some point.

Return to Top
#1644655 - 12/30/11 02:48 PM Re: Inked? Matt_B
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: Matt_B
I don't have anything against them, but don't think I could ever come up with anything that I would want on me for the rest of my life! Not having kids and stuff, that probably has something to do with it.

One of my ex's got one with a bunch of co-workers and when I told her I wasn't a big fan, she went out and got two more lol. Then again, hers were the silly little meaningless ones that she'll probably regret at some point.

Yeah, its a big deal. At 54, I've had plenty of opportunity. But when I competed in bodybuilding it was really frowned upon and could seriously affect your chances of winning. Plus, as I have said, it has to be something quite meaningful to me.
Last edited by Bankbb1; 12/30/11 02:48 PM.

Return to Top
#1644659 - 12/30/11 02:51 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
No tats here.

Husband has one - college mascot on his calf. He says if he doesn't want anyone to see it all he has to do is wear pants.

Step-daughter has 4 and now regrets it - at least one of them. She was 18 when she got it and is now 26.

I'm not against them, but I can't think of anything I want done permanently on my body. Hubby and I have joked about getting matching black bears. We LOVE the Smokeys and it would have a bit of meaning for us, but I haven't gotten the nerve.

BB1 - Hubby got his when he was 50. It was his mid-life crisis.
Last edited by Duchess Skittles; 12/30/11 02:52 PM.

Return to Top
#1644660 - 12/30/11 02:52 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Bankbb1,
Don't pick an artist while on Spring Break (my first tat). laugh
Do get recommendations from others that have nice looking tattoos.

My cousin and her husband are who steered us to our current artist and away from some others.

Hubsters tattoos all took over 3 hours to do. Be patient.
A good place will do custom work, every time. Don't settle for something off the wall. Tell them what you want.

And like you, he decided to get one (now 5) after deciding that he was not going to compete in bodybuilding any longer.

Return to Top
#1644670 - 12/30/11 03:05 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I have one on my shoulder. My ink does have a story and I have to tell it or people just think I have a kinky cat on my back. LOL I'm not into putting names on my body so there are colors that represent the people in my life.

I got mine when I weas 30 and really want another one but I have not had time to draw up my next idea.

Return to Top
#1644674 - 12/30/11 03:09 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
PStateBank Offline
Gold Star
PStateBank
Texas
I have two. I was working at the bank when I got my first one, I wanted to be sure they were both in places that could be covered up, because I did not want it to hurt me professionally. I am wanting another one, but just not sure of what.

My sister has one, my mother has one, and my dad has three.

Return to Top
#1644675 - 12/30/11 03:09 PM Re: Inked? Skittles
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: Duchess Skittles
No tats here.

Husband has one - college mascot on his calf. He says if he doesn't want anyone to see it all he has to do is wear pants.

Step-daughter has 4 and now regrets it - at least one of them. She was 18 when she got it and is now 26.

I'm not against them, but I can't think of anything I want done permanently on my body. Hubby and I have joked about getting matching black bears. We LOVE the Smokeys and it would have a bit of meaning for us, but I haven't gotten the nerve.

BB1 - Hubby got his when he was 50. It was his mid-life crisis.

Glad I didnt have midlife crisis, because at 25 I really thought my life was half over! Who knew! LOL
You guys are really helping! Keep it up!

Return to Top
#1644677 - 12/30/11 03:23 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
esks Offline
Willie still loves razor bacon...
Four leaf clover, right foot. I want another one, but I'm not sure what or where...

Brother has the Copenhagen Bandit on his arm - pretty sure he regrets it.

Sister has volleyball on shoulderblade( hates it) and three paw-prins on her foot (one for each child) and "Faith" in cursive on her wrist, which she loves.

Bro-in-law got his kids initals (3 Cs) interlocking like a brand on his shoulder. It is cool.

Return to Top
#1644692 - 12/30/11 03:35 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I've got a very small one (quarter-sized). It fits under a bathing suit, which is perfect because I got it when I was 17 (yes, under the legal age) and to this day (over 10 years later), my parents have no idea it's there. I have never regretted it, and I am itchin' for another one. Have a concept already in my head, but need to get it sketched out. Again, it will be small, and again, it will fit under my bathing suit.

I second MamaBEAR's suggestion of asking people with good tats where they got them... especially if the design is similar to what you want, as some tattoo artists specialize in portraits, celtic designs, etc.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1644701 - 12/30/11 03:39 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I was surprised by the rough texture some of the larger ones have. I don't like that rough feel. I have seen some really beautiful color sleaves.

So you don't need to worry about back hair B3?

Return to Top
#1644702 - 12/30/11 03:26 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Very hard to find what I want, because what I want is something no one else has. It has to be unique to me, like my girls are!
But I have an idea. I'm simply not a good enough artist to make it live.
i like the idea of talking with folks with unique ink. Been doing that some.

Return to Top
#1644727 - 12/30/11 03:50 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
For the tat representing my daughter, hubby searched the internet. He then took 4 or 5 or more designs into the shop and then asked the owner to draw him one. His Celtic bear claw is my favorite.

Pale, the rough texture that you are feeling is scar tissue. The darker (outline) ink uses a slightly larger needle type and thus creates thicker scar tissue. Essentially that's what a tattoo is. Ink that adheres to a designed scar on your body.

Return to Top
#1644731 - 12/30/11 04:08 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
" He then took 4 or 5 or more designs into the shop and then asked the owner to draw him one."

That's the key... have the tattoo artist sketch it out first. Then you can tweak it with them. If they are serious about their work they'll want to make it just right for you. Their clients are a walking, talking portfolio, and your referrals will be important to them. They also will do a copy on your skin so you can see it before they tattoo it on. Then you can always move its location or change things before they start actually tattooing the design onto you.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1644736 - 12/30/11 04:09 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I don't have any. Don't mind them on others.

Return to Top
#1644748 - 12/30/11 04:01 PM Re: Inked? Bankbb1, PITA
CountryGal Offline
New Poster
CountryGal
God's Country
I have 2. One on my shoulder blade of a moon and 2 small stars with a ribbon going through it. The 2 stars represent my kids and their 3 initials are on the ribbon. I just got one on the top of my foot (that one really hurt!!). 2 medium size stars with kids first initial on each with lines going through like the wind blowing them. I love both and am ready for another one! They can be very addicting!

I live in a small town and know the owner of the tat shop and he does a wonderful job!!

Return to Top
#1644770 - 12/30/11 04:29 PM Re: Inked? Pale Rider
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: Pale
I was surprised by the rough texture some of the larger ones have. I don't like that rough feel. I have seen some really beautiful color sleaves.

So you don't need to worry about back hair B3?

No, non fuzzy in the back area...or really the front area either! LOL
I kept the hair gone for so many years in bodybuilding, I just find it easier to remain denuded. smile
Last edited by Bankbb1; 12/30/11 04:29 PM.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11