Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#1647925 - 01/09/12 03:53 PM So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
I used to have Legos, Lincoln Logs, GI Joe (the original ones, not the little diecast metal and plastic), electronic tank, MAC sets (Mobile Action Command) Complete 200 piece military sets of soldiers, tanks, cannons, jeeps etc, Aurora Race sets, Matchbox Cars and Hot Wheels, Weebels Wobble sets, Whirly Bird Helicopters, Gnip Gnop, Nerf Guns, Nerf footballs, Stretch Armstrong and Stretch Monster, Simon, Rock em Sock em Robots

I think the only ones I still retain are my collection of Matchbox and Hot Wheels, and maybe the race cars from Aurora.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1647929 - 01/09/12 03:43 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I just have some books that I loved.

Return to Top
#1647935 - 01/09/12 04:07 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
At moms:

(Being the oldest, most of my toys were handed down to little sisters so things like Barbies never had a chance of surviving.)

My Cabbage Patch doll (with the BLACK signature on her booty)
Various clothes mom made for said doll
Countless books

In my possession (all in a box in the closet):

Small Precious Moments Collection
A couple stuffed animals
Collection of ceramic birthday girls (each had the age on it)

And although they arent really "toys" I have quite the collection of trophies, plaques, ribbons, and belt buckles won as a child on my ponies/horses. I can guarantee I spent more time "playing" with my horses than any toy I might have had.

Return to Top
#1647937 - 01/09/12 03:55 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Lady and the Tramp stuffed toys...not the newer additions but rather well loved ones that were in my bed most of my childhood until they moved to the shelf right next to my bed. Lots of well read Golden Books. We have three generations worth of Barbies and Skippers too. And all those tiny Kelly dolls in various costumes that were popular when eldest gran was little.

I saved a lot of my kids' stuff and the grangirls played with it. Am planning on donating it this summer now that they're past the baby toy stage. Unless Dip wants it. wink

Return to Top
#1647938 - 01/09/12 04:10 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Not much leftover from when I was young, but I did buy a BMX bike frame and parts like one I had when I raced as a youngster, and one day I will build it much like my original one.

It was pricey, but worth it. I can't find the exact match (and if I did, it would cost more than I'd be willing to spend) but I'd love to build one exactly as I had for my 1 yo son.

Return to Top
#1647940 - 01/09/12 03:58 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Pretty sure my mom still has my She-Ra castle smile

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1647944 - 01/09/12 04:14 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
I knew that I had officially become "old" when all the toys from my childhood (Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, He Man) were back as Happy Meal toys for my kids. crazy

Return to Top
#1647946 - 01/09/12 04:02 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have Retired DQ
A_G Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Deekles, CRCM
I just have some books that I loved.

And the stone has held up well after all this time? grin

Return to Top
#1647958 - 01/09/12 04:10 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Still have (for sure):
Legos
Barbies
My Little Ponies
Maple Towns

Thought I saved but haven't seen in a while...uh-oh:
Cabbage Patch doll from 1984?
Popples

Saved at my mom's house:
ALL our kids books, and hopefulyl nto water damaged or eaten by bugs
All our Bernstein Bear books
Little Golden Books
Tons of Dr. Seuss books
Liek 3 boxes of books I think....

Return to Top
#1647965 - 01/09/12 04:29 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have A_G
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Whirly Bird--I remember that...the batteries would only last 30 minutes or less and someone was always getting hacked by the rotor blades.

I'm not sure what happended to my toys. I wish I still had my Thing Maker, Major Matt Mason, Evel Knievel.... I do have the Fisher Price barnyard set and a collection of the wooden Fisher Price Little People. I also have the Tonka Winnebago, which was in prime condition, but didn't survive the nephews too well. It's scratched in spots and has a little rust, but I think it can be fixed up pretty easily.

Return to Top
#1647973 - 01/09/12 04:20 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
Trees Offline
Power Poster
I have a briquette doll (the name of the brand, I think) that I will not part with. I have an older sister that was a fiend to be clean. I helped her clean her room every weekend and, in exchange for this, she bought me the doll. She was quite the ting at the time. Green eyes, moving parts and a great wardrobe that my Mom sewed for her. I have all those outfits as well, all sotred away nicely.

I also have a raggedy Ann and Andy type doll set that were given to me the Christmas year that I had my tonsils out. I have those as well and they are in good condition except iIto style their yarn har and made a bit of a mess with the glue I used....
Last edited by Trees; 01/09/12 04:21 PM.
Return to Top
#1647974 - 01/09/12 04:34 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
I think mom still has some of the wooden Fisher Price Little People and the barn. Not sure if they were mine or a sisters.

Return to Top
#1647984 - 01/09/12 04:30 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I still have all my Barbies (and Ken and Skipper, etc.) I also have some Holly Hobby dolls and several stuffed animals. I have tons of books too. My mom has most of our "little kid" books and I have more "girly" books from when I was slightly older. Since I only have a son, I am slowly getting rid of some of them since I know he won't ever be interested in reading them. I have three nieces who may end up with some of them. I will probalby only hang on to my very favorite ones.

My mother-in-law got rid of ALL of my husband's stuff as soon as he left for college, without asking him first. The only thing he has from his childhood is a box of beat up Hot Wheels. He also has trophies, etc. but that is it. He is not a happy camper whenever we see old toys in an antique mall and he knows it is something that he had that is now worth some money!

Return to Top
#1647989 - 01/09/12 04:34 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Oh yeah, I have a box with my dance costumes and a couple trophoes and my old tap shoes in it. See, thsi is why I need a girl...so she can dress in my old stuff!!!

Return to Top
#1647990 - 01/09/12 04:50 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have 'Lil Freak!
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: 'Lil Freak!
Whirly Bird--I remember that...the batteries would only last 30 minutes or less and someone was always getting hacked by the rotor blades.

I'm not sure what happended to my toys. I wish I still had my Thing Maker, Major Matt Mason, Evel Knievel.... I do have the Fisher Price barnyard set and a collection of the wooden Fisher Price Little People. I also have the Tonka Winnebago, which was in prime condition, but didn't survive the nephews too well. It's scratched in spots and has a little rust, but I think it can be fixed up pretty easily.

Evil Knievel, I had that--> I remember the commercials with the 70's music. Really cool toy with the razzing soound his motorcycle would make. I also had Viewmaster, Colecovision, The 6 Million Dollar Man action figure with the bionic arm and eye, Laurel and Hardy Fingerpuppets (we abused my borther years later for getting us that), Nerf Rockets, The Big Jim and Big Jeff Camper Set

Return to Top
#1647992 - 01/09/12 04:51 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
All of the Legos, Lincoln Logs, Erector Sets, Little People (school, village, farm, house) tinker toys, board games, card games, and childrens' books my brothers and I played with are still in my mom & dad's house being used by the next generation of kiddos. Everything has held up remarkably well, especially all the wooden "Little People" stuff.

Freak took me way back with mention of the Whirly Bird! How many hours we spent playing with that!!! In between taking turns with my brothers and cousins "flying" the whirly bird, we would pass around the Merlin, Simon, and Colecovision football handheld games to entertain us until it was time to fly again. What memories!

Return to Top
#1647993 - 01/09/12 04:51 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Viewmaster rocked! I loved all the pics of far away lands and exotic places as they fueled my wonder of the world. Awesome memories.

Return to Top
#1647995 - 01/09/12 04:38 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
I still have my teddy bear, one Mattel Fanner 50 (Toy cap gun), my first skate board, a fireman's helmet, a Texaco truck and a bull whip. I also still have most of my pocket knives. I also still have my first rifle, shotgun and pistol (ok not toys, but I got them when I was 9, 10 and 11 respectively)

Return to Top
#1647997 - 01/09/12 04:41 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have Hoosierland
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Originally Posted By: Hoosierland
I still have all my Barbies (and Ken and Skipper, etc.) I also have some Holly Hobby dolls and several stuffed animals. I have tons of books too. My mom has most of our "little kid" books and I have more "girly" books from when I was slightly older. Since I only have a son, I am slowly getting rid of some of them since I know he won't ever be interested in reading them. I have three nieces who may end up with some of them. I will probalby only hang on to my very favorite ones.

My mother-in-law got rid of ALL of my husband's stuff as soon as he left for college, without asking him first. The only thing he has from his childhood is a box of beat up Hot Wheels. He also has trophies, etc. but that is it. He is not a happy camper whenever we see old toys in an antique mall and he knows it is something that he had that is now worth some money!

My mom tossed my baseball cards...100's of them! Including a signed Mickey Mantel card! eek

Return to Top
#1647998 - 01/09/12 04:55 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
ViewMaster! We had viewmasters and tons of reels, and my nieces and nephews love playing with those. I once went to a hip trendy restaurant in Atlanta, and the dessert "menu" was a viewmaster handed to each person, with pictures of each available dessert. It was really cool! laugh

We also had/still have all the Colorforms and the original wooden painted building blocks that my grandfather made for us out of scraps of wood used in the construction of my parents first home. I love those blocks. He did a great job, too. Countless buildings and roads have been made with those blocks over the years.

Return to Top
#1648004 - 01/09/12 04:46 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have RR Jen
A_G Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: RR Jen
I think mom still has some of the wooden Fisher Price Little People and the barn. Not sure if they were mine or a sisters.

The mooing barn!! laugh cool

Return to Top
#1648010 - 01/09/12 05:03 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Our barn still moos! My niece uses the mooing barn as a "jail" for the "bad boys" who are the old wooden little people boys that have sad/mad faces (all the rest are smiling). Haha.

Return to Top
#1648018 - 01/09/12 05:00 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have BurntSienna
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
I saved a case of matchbox cars which I gave to my son. Him and his buddies lost all of the lttle accessories (motor cycles, glider wings, people, etc...) the first time they played with them. My wife saved her barbies, and a yellow barbie corvette. My daughter wasn't too impressed with the corvette, or the old barbie clothes.

Return to Top
#1648022 - 01/09/12 05:21 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have BurntSienna
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
...SSP Racers and the inevitable whack with the rip-stick by an older brother…..

Return to Top
#1648029 - 01/09/12 05:26 PM Re: So What Childood Toys Do You Still Have TheManofSteel
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Big Jim action figures and accessories were handed down to my son. Wish that I had my Legos as he is really into them and they are so darned expensive. I have a bunch of Tonka trucks big and small that he loves, Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars and race tracks. My first BB gun and pocket knife. Merlin (electronic game that was the coolest thing ever when it came out), electronic baseball, basket ball, and gun fighter game.

My Evel Keneivel stuff didn't survive various kids that played with it after I did.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4