Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1632925 - 11/29/11 03:03 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another lucyc
3-2-Go Offline
Gold Star
3-2-Go
East
Many prayers from Ohio.

Return to Top
#1654768 - 01/24/12 08:48 AM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another wavewatcher
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
haven't updated you prayer "monsters" for a while. things are not going well.

i've been asked to be their attorney to get his affairs in order. the prognosis is to have him be comfortable and live out the next 6 - 12 months with dignity. the tumor is not operable, although did shrink with the chemo and radiation.

ok, so i can get his affairs in order, and am honored that he would ask me, but mentally, i'm not ready to do this. i know i will have to be ready by the weekend, but will need some prayers to keep me strong and detached enough to think clearly like a lawyer.

they also need some (lots) of prayers to help them get through this part of their journey. his wife (my friend) is devastated, but is trying to be strong for him and their daughter. we've had some heart to heart discussions, not about his treatments or prognosis, but about how scared she is for herself and how scared she is to go on without her husband (sooner than later) and raising their daughter as a single mom. i'm not sure how to help her other than listening and making sure she feels supported.

Return to Top
#1654824 - 01/24/12 02:24 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another wavewatcher
Phoenix Offline
Platinum Poster
Phoenix
southeast
Wavewatcher - your attitude and emphasis are - spot on. And - if there's a hospice available, check it out for everyone concerned. Often they have groups or other support systems to help with all of the coping and grieving. many hugs and prayers -

Return to Top
#1655178 - 01/24/12 08:01 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another wavewatcher
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
((hugs)) for all of you during this time.

Return to Top
#1655238 - 01/24/12 08:58 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another wavewatcher
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
Sorry to hear it - my thoughts go out to you and your friend and family. It's a terrible thing to go through.

Return to Top
#1655243 - 01/24/12 08:54 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another wavewatcher
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
So sorry for the family. They are fortunate to have you there to help out in such a tragic situation.

I, too, encourage hospice if at all possible. They were amazing when we lost my grandmother. I can't imagine how we would have coped without them.

Return to Top
#1655977 - 01/25/12 08:20 PM Re: prayers for my neighbor - cancer strikes another wavewatcher
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
Being there, listening, and your continued support probably means more to you friend than you think. Good luck this weekend, I'm sure you will do fine separating yourself as a lawyer to get done what needs to be done.

Prayer for your friend's family and for you.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett