Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1655338 - 01/24/12 10:33 PM Commerical LOC-Flood Certification Fee
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
We have recently switched to a new loan software. In our previous software, on a commerical line of credit, the flood certification fee was a financed fee but not a finance charge that affected the APR (if i understand this correctly). This new software forces the flood cert fee into prepaid finance charges the same as our life of loan fee, which would affect the APR (I think). However, on the commercial real estate loan the software allows us to put the flood cert. as a fee and the LOL fee as a prepaid.

Shouldn't we be able to do this on a commercial LOC? Or is it not necessary?

Please help!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1655344 - 01/24/12 10:54 PM Re: Commerical LOC-Flood Certification Fee Likes to Comply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Why would you care on a commercial line of credit. There is no APR on commercial loans.

Return to Top
#1655378 - 01/25/12 01:36 AM Re: Commerical LOC-Flood Certification Fee rlcarey
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Well I really don't know anything about commercial loans. So are you saying that there is no need to break down fees as finance charges or prepaids or otherwise. We just throw them all together. Our disbursement sheet prints an apr. so it doesn't matter if it's wrong? Or is there no such animal as an incorrect apr calculation on a commercial loan?

Return to Top
#1655382 - 01/25/12 01:45 AM Re: Commerical LOC-Flood Certification Fee Likes to Comply
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
You system should not be calculating an APR or producing any such forms on a commercial purpose loan.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z