Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1657683 - 01/30/12 03:13 PM Re: One for the Money RR Sarah
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
My friend saw it and thought it was fun. I guess it just depends on the person and perhaps what they were expecting.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1657685 - 01/30/12 03:27 PM Re: One for the Money Bankbb1, PITA
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
IDK Jen, I hate to tell you yes or no. Admittedly I am a harsh critic when it comes to movies based on books that I have read. Like I said, I didn't hate it. Oh, and it is short. About an hour and a half.

Return to Top
#1657686 - 01/30/12 03:16 PM Re: One for the Money HappyGilmore
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
Originally Posted By: E.G.B.
Thanks for the warning! Maybe when it gets to the dollar theater I'll think about going.

our dollar theater cost $5.00

Ours is I think $1.75, except on Mondays when it is 50 cents.

Return to Top
#1657713 - 01/30/12 03:41 PM Re: One for the Money RR Sarah
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
So, it's not really a dollar theater then? whistle wink

Return to Top
#1657715 - 01/30/12 03:42 PM Re: One for the Money RR Sarah
joyfulone Offline
CA
Went this weekend with a couple of friends who have also read the books. It wasn't the best movie made from a book I've seen, but it wasn't the worst either. I've always been a Ranger fan and was disapointed with who they cast, but he grew on me throughout the movie.

Return to Top
#1657914 - 01/30/12 06:30 PM Re: One for the Money RR Sarah
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
Saw it on Saturday. It was Ok. Had a few funny moments. I was disappointed in the guy who played Vinnie and the one who played Morelli. He wasn't sexy enough I guess. I think the problem was that I had preconceived notions of what these characters should look like. I think if there could be more movies with these characters they would grow on me but I don't think that will happen. Lula was great but like someone else said she only had about 10 minutes of the whole movie. She actually looked like I thought she should.

Return to Top
#1673989 - 03/06/12 09:11 PM Re: One for the Money RR Sarah
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Have the books but haven't gotten around to reading them. So I thought it was funny. The same thing will happen as it did with the Twilight Books - saw the movie then read the books. So I will picture the characters as the movie was cast. Morelli wasn't bad - after all he is a cop, but he wasn't a total hunk. Something about him reminded me a little of the character Mel Gibson played in the Lethal Weapon series. I thought it was fun and light an a nice evening away from taxes and work. Won't win any awards, but only a few movies do that.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2