Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1657768 - 01/30/12 04:27 PM CRCM - didn't pass
GrannieTwo Offline
100 Club
Central IL
Is there anyone else out there that didn't pass the CRCM exam and would like to discuss their thoughts and what their next step is going to be? Share what they are going to do different?
For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2Cor 12:10

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1658309 - 01/31/12 04:06 PM Re: CRCM - didn't pass GrannieTwo
Cale_N_Oats Offline
Platinum Poster
Cale_N_Oats
Southern Illinois
I didnt pass mine the first time I took it either. I took it too litely the first time and didn't put enough effort into studying. The second time around I scheduled times to study and concentrated on not only the largest areas of the test but also my weakest areas. I took it again a few months later and easily passed it. Let me know if you need any more advice. I hope you decide to take it again.

Return to Top
#1658572 - 01/31/12 07:41 PM Re: CRCM - didn't pass GrannieTwo
Random Offline
Gold Star
What kind of study plan did you use? What is successful?

Return to Top
#1658714 - 01/31/12 09:47 PM Re: CRCM - didn't pass GrannieTwo
Cale_N_Oats Offline
Platinum Poster
Cale_N_Oats
Southern Illinois
I first found out what areas would take up a majority of the test so i would know what areas would take up a majority of my study time. Then I broke it odwn even further by finding out which areas I had the least knowledge of, and those would get even more time. Then I went through the big sections like Credit and BSA and made my own Q & A note cards, which helped me a lot. Then I repeatedly went through each not card until i had committed as much as I could to memory. Alot of people will say that you have to "know" the regulation and not just memorize it but thats all bull when it comes to taking a test. You need to retain as much as possible so you have a better chance of gettign more questions right. You're not always gonna know the answer to a compliance question off the top of your head. It's most important you know where to find the answers, not that you commit your life to knowing every little detail.

Return to Top
#1658720 - 01/31/12 09:56 PM Re: CRCM - didn't pass Cale_N_Oats
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Originally Posted By: Cale
It's most important you know where to find the answers, not that you commit your life to knowing every little detail.

That worked for me for 38 years. You'll memorize a few of the things you work with most, but even with the most familiar of all topics it's smart to reread the applicable regs when a new product or unusual situation arises.

Return to Top
#1661881 - 02/08/12 02:08 PM Re: CRCM - didn't pass GrannieTwo
GoGreen Offline
Gold Star
PA
You need to look at the risk factor and apply it to regulations as well. Risk assessments and the risk factors used in the development as another area to know.

Return to Top
#1662011 - 02/08/12 04:23 PM Re: CRCM - didn't pass GrannieTwo
Cale_N_Oats Offline
Platinum Poster
Cale_N_Oats
Southern Illinois
That is very true GoGreen. I had quite a few questions from the Compliance Management section of the study manual. It's the shortest section but definitely needs to be looked at.

Return to Top
#1662154 - 02/08/12 06:26 PM Re: CRCM - didn't pass Richard Insley
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Originally Posted By: Richard Insley
Originally Posted By: Cale
It's most important you know where to find the answers, not that you commit your life to knowing every little detail.

That worked for me for 38 years. You'll memorize a few of the things you work with most, but even with the most familiar of all topics it's smart to reread the applicable regs when a new product or unusual situation arises.

I have said that to every new compliance person I have met.

Return to Top