Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1659124 - 02/01/12 05:11 PM Re-disclosures for adding escrow
BKG Offline
New Poster
Ohio
After disclosures were sent out on a fixed rate mortgage loan, the customer decided they would like to escrow. Are we required to send a GFE with the preliminary disclosure or is the preliminary disclosure sufficient?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1659220 - 02/01/12 06:48 PM Re: Re-disclosures for adding escrow BKG
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I would think that you would want your GFE to match what you are actually doing.

Return to Top
#1659223 - 02/01/12 06:51 PM Re: Re-disclosures for adding escrow BKG
PATSGirl74 Offline
PATSGirl74
Massachusetts
I too would advise our lending staff to include a revised GFE. If the borrowers are asking to now include escrow you surely have a changed circumstance (borrower requested change affecting the loan) and therefore you should re-disclose.

Return to Top
#1659355 - 02/01/12 08:54 PM Re: Re-disclosures for adding escrow BKG
RulesFollower Offline
100 Club
RESPA only requires re-disclosure when you lock the loan.

RESPA says you "may" redisclose for other types of valid Changed Circumstances...of course you would prudently decide to re-disclose if it was an increased fee that might affect your tolerances negatively BUT the good news is that areas not subject to a tolerance, like escrow, don't need to be re-disclosed.

We have decided not to re-disclose unless "required" as each re-disclosure is an opportunity for a mistake.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z