Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1660916 - 02/06/12 02:48 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants Bob The Banker
lynnway Offline
100 Club
lynnway
Junior High
Why is everybody so quick to blame Brady? Sure it wasn't the best thrown ball, but Welker makes crazy catches all the time, I don't care what anybody says.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1660920 - 02/06/12 03:03 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants edAudit
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
yeah, more than just that one pass was dropped.

Return to Top
#1660923 - 02/06/12 02:53 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants Pale Rider
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
With 2 Super Bowl Titles (and MVPs), is Eli now the best Manning?

Return to Top
#1660924 - 02/06/12 02:55 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants edAudit
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
Not like he did a Buckner. laugh

HA! Billy. laugh

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1660926 - 02/06/12 02:57 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants lynnway
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: lynnway
Why is everybody so quick to blame Brady? Sure it wasn't the best thrown ball, but Welker makes crazy catches all the time, I don't care what anybody says.

Could this be one of the reasons?

sorry it is foxnews

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...uper-bowl-loss/

CAMS

Return to Top
#1660932 - 02/06/12 03:02 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants edAudit
lynnway Offline
100 Club
lynnway
Junior High
Probably...

Return to Top
#1660951 - 02/06/12 03:39 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants lynnway
Bob The Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob The Banker
Originally Posted By: lynnway

Welker deserves some blame because it hit him in the hands. But if you have an open receiver and are depending on him to make as you say a "crazy catch", that is a poorly thrown ball.

NY Giants did what they do best get after the QB and at the end of the day the reality is that it forces bad throws even when he is not hit, that is why the Giants matchup so well against New England... GREAT pass rush...

This was a great game and I think went to show that '07 wasn't a such a fluke. Glad to see two great, respectable, coaches in the game. Talk about a well executed game by both teams... only 1 turnover.

Return to Top
#1660954 - 02/06/12 03:29 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants edAudit
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Eli vs Payton

I'm staying with Payton. Eli has 2 Super Bowl wins. John Elway has 2 Super Bowl wins, and I'm a Broncos fan.

I still say Payton is the greatest QB in history, and if Indy doesn't want him and he can still play, I'd LOVE to see him in a Broncos uni next year.

Eli is fantastic, no doubt, but his 296 yd, 1 TD performance in this game doesn't automatically vault him ahead of Payton. It does, however, move him out from under Payton's shadow and get that proverbial monkey off his back, a la Steve Young/Joe Montana.

Excellent game yesterday.

Return to Top
#1660966 - 02/06/12 03:43 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants TB 12
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Sox Choked in 11
Originally Posted By: B_F
Brady began losing that game when he had a panic attack in the end zone and committed a safety. He made mistake after mistake throughout the night and was not the Mr. Perfect QB people try to make him last night.

That was in the first quarter, BF...that didn't cost the game...and to add to what Lynnway said, Welker has been making that catch all year. Throw wasn't perfect but its a catch he usually makes.

I give the Giants all the credit in the world.

That was just one of many mistakes Brady made yesterday. As I said, it was the beginning. I knew they were going to lose (and was quite happy) at that moment. Brady just wasn't thinking. His mind wasn't right early in the game. He seemed to overcome it at times, but made some bad throws and seemed nervous in the pocket a lot.

Return to Top
#1660967 - 02/06/12 03:43 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants Pup
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Steve Young/Joe Montana were brothers? crazy

They both are lucky to no longer be compared to Archie.
There will always be the which one is better game.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1660970 - 02/06/12 03:45 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants Pup
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Pup
I still say Payton is the greatest QB in history, and if Indy doesn't want him and he can still play, I'd LOVE to see him in a Broncos uni next year.

Payton is the best RB in history, but he wasn't much of a passer. Peyton, on the other hand has been a great QB. smile

Return to Top
#1660971 - 02/06/12 03:46 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants edAudit
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
PS: Today should be a national holiday. "National Hangover Awareness Day", "National Sleep In for Health Day", or something to help everyone who was so amped up after the game ended to go to sleep at a reasonable hour!

Return to Top
#1660980 - 02/06/12 03:56 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants B_F
lynnway Offline
100 Club
lynnway
Junior High
It wasn't just Brady that made dumb mistakes. What about the the too many men on the field penalty that nullified the fumble recovery by Spikes? Or Ninkovich lining up in the neutral zone that turned like a 4th and 11 into a 3rd and 3 and the Giants got a first down instead of having to punt?

The whole team just wasn't with it and the Giants were.

Return to Top
#1660984 - 02/06/12 03:59 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants edAudit
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Can someone explain that "butt plant" touchdown? I just read on CNN that Eli was telling him to stop before he got to the goal line and they're calling it the "reluctant touchdown." I don't get it.

Brady did not look like he was in the game right from the start. And for a minute I thought we were watching a high school team. 12 men on the field? Really?

Return to Top
#1660985 - 02/06/12 04:01 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants edAudit
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
The Giants needed to take time off the clock and for some reason they thought that a score on the drive was a given.

12 men on the field? Really

Giants got called for it as well.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1660989 - 02/06/12 04:19 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants B_F
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By: Sox Choked in 11
Brady began losing that game when he had a panic attack in the end zone and committed a safety. He made mistake after mistake throughout the night and was not the Mr. Perfect QB people try to make him last night.

That was in the first quarter, BF...that didn't cost the game...and to add to what Lynnway said, Welker has been making that catch all year. Throw wasn't perfect but its a catch he usually makes.

I give the Giants all the credit in the world.

That was just one of many mistakes Brady made yesterday. As I said, it was the beginning. I knew they were going to lose (and was quite happy) at that moment. Brady just wasn't thinking. His mind wasn't right early in the game. He seemed to overcome it at times, but made some bad throws and seemed nervous in the pocket a lot.

They were up 17-9 in the second half. He overcame his early issues ripping off 16 completions in a row. That safety was a boneheaded play-no doubt-he shook it off.

Is it Bradys fault there were 12 men on the field when they recovered the Giants fumble? Blame can be spread around...The Giants didn't exactly blow them away.

Return to Top
#1660995 - 02/06/12 04:14 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants edAudit
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
About the reluctant touchdown: Even if he had taken a knee before the goal line, doesn't there have to be contact by the defense for him to be called down (unlike college)? If a player simply falls down and there is no contact, he could get up and keep running. So, it would have been an even better way to take time off the clock if he had knelt before the goal line and the Pats defense didn't touch him in the ensuing confusion. In any event, it turned out to not matter.

Return to Top
#1660997 - 02/06/12 04:16 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants BBoyd
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Originally Posted By: BBoyd
Can someone explain that "butt plant" touchdown? I just read on CNN that Eli was telling him to stop before he got to the goal line and they're calling it the "reluctant touchdown." I don't get it.

Brady did not look like he was in the game right from the start. And for a minute I thought we were watching a high school team. 12 men on the field? Really?

The Giants were down 2, with about a minute left. Basically, the Patriots conceded that the Giants were going to score at least a field goal and they would have to score again after to win. If Bradshaw had taken a knee, the Giants could have run the clock down to just a few seconds. By letting the Giants score, the Pats gave themselves at least one minute and a timeout for their final drive.

I dont think they did it on purpose, but the 12 man on the field actually helped the Giants. Yeah, they gave the Pats 5 yards, but in that situation (20 seconds left), the 9 seconds the play took off the clock were more valuable. And with 12 men, they made it unlikely for the Pats to be able to complete a pass. The Giants probably should have put MORE men on the field.

Originally Posted By: GuitarDude
About the reluctant touchdown: Even if he had taken a knee before the goal line, doesn't there have to be contact by the defense for him to be called down (unlike college)?

It would have been a funny and awesome scenario, but if the offensive guy willingly goes down, the play is dead even if there's no contact. It's like when a QB takes a knee at the end of the game.
Last edited by TexMex; 02/06/12 04:20 PM.
Return to Top
#1661017 - 02/06/12 04:53 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants Pup
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Originally Posted By: Pup
Eli vs Payton

I'm staying with Payton. Eli has 2 Super Bowl wins. John Elway has 2 Super Bowl wins, and I'm a Broncos fan.

Eli is fantastic, no doubt, but his 296 yd, 1 TD performance in this game doesn't automatically vault him ahead of Payton. It does, however, move him out from under Payton's shadow and get that proverbial monkey off his back, a la Steve Young/Joe Montana.

Excellent game yesterday.

I was talking about this with a friend Saturday night. He hated the fact that Eli could have (and now has) more superbowl rings than Peyton. I reminded him that the Colts have had to beat the Patriots in order to get to the Superbowl the last few years because they are in the AFC together. The Giants (or any other NFC team) don't. Not to say their journey was easier, but the Patriots have been a tough contender the last few years. They are often hyped as one of the biggest obstacles for the Colts. Just something we talked about.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1661022 - 02/06/12 05:08 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants manimal
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Could be that the Colts need to tape the opposing coaches signals in prior games shocked laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1661064 - 02/06/12 06:15 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants edAudit
Bob The Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob The Banker
Let's not forget Eli has the benefit of having a much better defense and coach than Manning ever had.

Even when Manning had a good pass rusher in Freeney, it was only one guy and a frequently injured guy...

When Brady won his super bowls it was riding on the back of his defense. Heck, in his first super bowl "MVP" performance he threw for only 130 yards and led his team to only 13 points!! It took Ty Law's pick six and the defense shutting down the most prolific offense in the league to win!

Super Bowls "won" by QBs is the most overrated stat in football.

Return to Top
#1661076 - 02/06/12 06:17 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants edAudit
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
GIANTS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#1661079 - 02/06/12 06:21 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants edAudit
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
^^^agree wholeheartedly with Bob.

Elway has "won" two Super Bowls, but he'd not have gotten his first if not for Terrel Davis and that offensive line as well as a very strong defense. In my opinion, he would have retired after that season. His Super Bowl victory was what made him come back to try for a 2nd, which "he" got.

Peyton is/has been better than Eli, but I believe that Peyton is the ultimate weapon...period. The dude is a coach with a rocket arm and dead-on accuracy. He made Harrison and Wayne what they were.

But Eli's future looks pretty bright, much to the disappointment of all the Cowboy fans in my neck of the woods.

Return to Top
#1661103 - 02/06/12 06:48 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants edAudit
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Hey kitten, who were you rooting for? whistle smile

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1661116 - 02/06/12 06:58 PM Re: Superbowl Champion NY Giants edAudit
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
I love both teams. Although, I've been a Giants fan much longer than I've been a Pats fan.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3