Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1661633 - 02/07/12 06:29 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Got an appointment at the Genius bar (apple store) on Friday after work. Pray for them cuz I aint a happy lady!!! laugh

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1661650 - 02/07/12 06:45 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
"DROID..."

Return to Top
#1661652 - 02/07/12 06:46 PM Re: iPhone FAIL manimal
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
Originally Posted By: manimal82
It's Druid, not Droid, Loralie. Stop reading and get back to work! laugh laugh

laugh I actually did use the whole Star Wars Hand Wave "This is not the :blank: you're looking for" thing in multiple conversations that day. lol

I had an iPod Touch that I LOVED, and I really wanted to get an iPhone, but 8gig was to small, and I wasn't paying for a full 32gig, so I got a 12gig android phone. I did NOT like it at first. At all. It's grown on me, though my biggest complaint is still that my calander app that was on my iPod is NOT in the Droid marketplace, and there are no other's like it. I HATE google calender, so eventually (after trying 5 different calenders) I said heck with it and bought a paper planner.

Return to Top
#1661656 - 02/07/12 06:49 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Dip
Got an appointment at the Genius bar (apple store) on Friday after work. Pray for them cuz I aint a happy lady!!! laugh

Do not let them tell you that you used up your spellcheck allotment and that is the reason for the error.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1662656 - 02/09/12 04:16 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Update on teh iphone and no internet issue. My cube neighbor used to have a iphone 3gs. He never had a problem getting internet here at work. A few weeks ago, he upgraded to the 4s and that's when he no longer was able to get internet in our building (we don't have wifi, so we're talkign 3G here). If he leaves the building, he can connect. He doesn't know anyone else here with a 4s, except me now. And I am having the same issue. So what is it abotu the iphone 4s that it can't connect to internet in this building?

Bottom line is, if I can't get internet here, I can't have an iPhone.

If I go back to Andorid, I'll be getting the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket (4g lte).

I'm curious, how many iPhone users have switched over to Android and thought it was worse/better/same? Because coming from Android to iPhone, I sat Iphone's OS is worse.

Return to Top
#1662660 - 02/09/12 04:18 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
Why do you need internet on your phone at work, shouldn't you be working? smile

kidding, kidding!

Return to Top
#1662680 - 02/09/12 04:35 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
check the roof for tinfoil....

Return to Top
#1662701 - 02/09/12 05:17 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Dip, there is an app that you can use to fix that issue (as well as the other issues you have had with your new iPhone). It's called "DamnitIshouldhavegotadroid" and is available at the Apple App Store for just $199.95 plus a monthly fee of $24.95. This should get you through until the release of the iPhone 5 when they will address all of your current concerns.

Return to Top
#1662739 - 02/09/12 05:28 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Ha. Cute.

Return to Top
#1664029 - 02/13/12 02:47 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
and how was your appointment?

Return to Top
#1664187 - 02/13/12 05:48 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
They replaced the phone and so far, the bugs haven't surfaced again. The internet issue at work though....I am goign to press on that with AT&T support and Apple Care more.

Return to Top
#1664193 - 02/13/12 05:55 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
buggs has surfaced in the contro cooler laugh

and may be of assistance with Apple issues whistle

CAMS

Return to Top
#1664203 - 02/13/12 06:04 PM Re: iPhone FAIL edAudit
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
and may be of assistance with Apple issues whistle

I can provide the best assistance with Apple issues.

Get an Android! whistle

I'm just sayin... grin

Return to Top
#1664339 - 02/13/12 07:54 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I am thinking of turning in my employer supplied crackberry and taking the supplemental monthly payment to get another phone.

I hear there is an app that allows you access to business email, called Good or something like that.

Can you only get it with an IPhone?

Return to Top
#1664500 - 02/13/12 10:56 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Pale Rider
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
I am thinking of turning in my employer supplied crackberry and taking the supplemental monthly payment to get another phone.

I hear there is an app that allows you access to business email, called Good or something like that.

Can you only get it with an IPhone?

It works on CryPhone, Android, and Windows Phone 7.

My professional opinion is that there is nothing "Good" about it! It's something that would need to be implemented by your employer, not something that you can just set up on your phone.

Your company probably has all mobile access to e-mail disabled, except for Blackberry access, because BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) natively encrypts the e-mails between the mail server and the handset.

BB did have a BES client out for a while that could be installed on Android and Windows phones (not sure about the CryPhone)and receive encrypted e-mail from the BES server, but I haven't seen anything about it in a while. They might have scrapped it.

Return to Top
#1664672 - 02/14/12 02:45 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
doobydoobydoo Offline
Power Poster
doobydoobydoo
Basking in the Cool Weather
Good is AWFUL!

Return to Top
#1665629 - 02/15/12 05:23 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
UPDATE!!!

I happened to talk to the right person at AT&T this morning. Not onyl did the woman knwo EXACTLY what I was talkign about with the iphoen 4s not getting internet in my building (it happens in random other buildings too), she knew how to FIX it!

Settings-->General-->reset-->reset network connection

Yup, that fixed it (for now...we'll see in teh coming days hwo well thsi worked...no, i'm nto cynical or anything).

That. and she recommended powering off the phoen for abotu 20 seconds each day as the phones onyl get network updates when they are OFF.

So, it's anyone's guess now as to if I'll be turnign in the ophone for a Samsung REAL 4g by March 1st...

Return to Top
#1665855 - 02/15/12 09:00 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
That. and she recommended powering off the phoen for abotu 20 seconds each day as the phones onyl get network updates when they are OFF.

Seriously???? What kind of POS is that????

Oh right, it's an Apple product... smirk

Return to Top
#1665864 - 02/15/12 09:07 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I used to have to soft-boot my Blackberry every few days. That was aaaaanoying. Now with my Android, even though I power it off every night, I've still had to do a battery pull about once every 2-3 weeks. Still much better than the BBerry though.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1665867 - 02/15/12 09:08 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Bimmer
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Bimmer

^^^^^^^ is placing a chair outside the Apple store now to be first in line for the iPad 3

Return to Top
#1665868 - 02/15/12 09:10 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Dip
EB, CAMS Offline
100 Club
EB, CAMS
flyover country
Just picked up my iphone 4s over the weekend. The hubby got a Samsung Epic 4G and within 24 hours was back at the store trading it in for an iphone. He played with mine and decided he liked it better.

Plus, since we both have them, we can use facetime when he is on overnight trips out of town. I love technology!

Return to Top
#1665909 - 02/15/12 10:04 PM Re: iPhone FAIL Peepers
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Peepers
Originally Posted By: Bimmer

^^^^^^^ is placing a chair outside the Apple store now to be first in line for the iPad 3

mad mad mad

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3