Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1668517 - 02/22/12 09:51 PM Remote Deposit Capture- Measuring and Monitoring
Banker27 Offline
100 Club
Per FFIEC guidance, we need to establish key operational performance metrics that support accurate and timely monitoring of risk with RDC processes. This information should be used to set operational benchmarks and standards, as well as to develop reports for monitoring results against the standards.

Can anyone give me specific examples of RDC key performance metrics you use?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1668582 - 02/22/12 11:06 PM Re: Remote Deposit Capture- Measuring and Monitoring Banker27
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Dollar amount of deposits (daily and time period), dollar amount of largest item deposited, number of items deposited, number of returned items, etc.

Return to Top
#1668603 - 02/22/12 11:34 PM Re: Remote Deposit Capture- Measuring and Monitoring Banker27
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Any duplicate deposits is also important.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1668607 - 02/22/12 11:56 PM Re: Remote Deposit Capture- Measuring and Monitoring Banker27
Banker27 Offline
100 Club
Thanks for the ideas.

How do I set up benchmarking? Should I just run reports on the various metrics on a regular basis and get an idea of what the range of activity is?

Return to Top
#1668611 - 02/23/12 12:23 AM Re: Remote Deposit Capture- Measuring and Monitoring Banker27
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
These benchmarks should be established at the time the RDC customer is set up. You need on-going monitoring of all customers against their specific benchmarks established. How were these customer underwritten for RDC without benchmarks?

If this is after the fact, then yes. I would suggest that you re-underwrite all your customers and include the specific benchmarks in that process. Recognition of risk is a integral part of the underwriting process. Underwriting and proper due diligence for a customer that averages $1,000 in daily RDC deposits should be a lot different than a customer with $100,000 in daily deposits.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z