Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1672603 - 03/02/12 06:55 PM SFHDF Expiration
JoAnne Offline
Platinum Poster
Michigan
The SFHDF has an expiration date of December 31, 2011. Any word on when (or if) this form will be updated?

Return to Top
Flood Compliance
#1672608 - 03/02/12 07:01 PM Re: SFHDF Expiration JoAnne
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
From the FEMA website:

Resource Record Details

The Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form

The current Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form (SFHDF) (expiration date, December 31, 2011) remains valid until a new SFHDF has been approved.

Return to Top
#1708141 - 06/07/12 07:01 PM Re: SFHDF Expiration rlcarey
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
The ABA reported in their compliance center that FEMA has now posted a 4/2012 version of the SFHD Form. It is now known as form 086-0-32. It has an OMB expiration date of 5/30/15.

"The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced to ABA that a revised Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form (SFHDF) has been approved by OMB and is now available. It is unclear how FEMA will officially announce the new form and the date by which banks are to begin using it; ABA has asked FEMA for this information. In the meantime, please note that their email to ABA stated that banks are expected to use the new form in six months. For additional information visit: FEMA's online library and FEMA/NFIP forms page."

http://www.fema.gov/library/viewRecord.do?id=1394

Return to Top
#1708459 - 06/08/12 04:11 PM Re: SFHDF Expiration JoAnne
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
http://www.bankersonline.com/compliance/floodcmps.html

The new form is also available on BOL, linked on the page above with our CMP lists.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1708752 - 06/08/12 10:44 PM Re: SFHDF Expiration Reads Regs
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Originally Posted By: Reads Regs
It has an OMB expiration date of 5/30/15.

Too bad that the program doesn't last as long as the form.

Return to Top
#1708920 - 06/11/12 04:10 PM Re: SFHDF Expiration JoAnne
Tillie Offline
Gold Star
Tillie
"Too bad that the program doesn't last as long as the form."
I agree SoccerMom!

On the new form, Sec I.2. says Property Address and Parcel Number. I don't see anywhere in the Instructions what they mean by Parcel Number.

Anyone have a clue? and is it mandatory?

Return to Top
#1734912 - 08/24/12 06:35 PM Re: SFHDF Expiration JoAnne
Kt, CCBCO Offline
Kt, CCBCO
State of Confusion
When did this get posted? We were told tht we had until October to begin using the new form and now it looks as if it has been extended until - the expiration of the form???? confused

The Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form (SFHDF) is used to comply with Section 303 (a) of Title V of the National Flood Insurance Reform Act of 1994 (NFIRA). The SFHDF is used by Federally regulated lending institutions when making, increasing, extending, renewing or purchasing a loan for the purpose of determining whether flood insurance is required and available. The form may also be used by insurance agents, property owner, realtors and community officials for flood insurance related activities and flood zone documentation.

[color:#3333FF]The Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form number has been changed from FEMA Form 81-93 to FEMA Form 086-0-32 and the form has been revised. This form expires on May 30, 2015. Please review the new form carefully. The Agency will be allowing users a three year transition period ending on the expiration date so user systems can be changed before final adoption of the form is required. The previous form can be used until that time. Users may choose to update their systems at any time to the new format. .” [Source: http://www.fema.gov/library/viewRecord.do?id=1394]

Return to Top
#1735029 - 08/24/12 08:11 PM Re: SFHDF Expiration JoAnne
WI Banker Offline
Gold Star
I'm not sure where your October date came from, but the message you posted has been on the website for about a couple weeks(?). Although to me it doesn't make sense to have the expiration date the same as the implementation date. I figured we would hear more about it.

Today I noticed the following message on our vendor's website:

"Important Message

The new version of the Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form (FEMA Form 086-0-32, formerly 81-93) has been made available on FEMA's website (http://www.fema.gov/library/viewRecord.do?id=1394). In addition, FEMA has posted a statement on the website allowing users of the form a six-month adjustment period before final adoption of the new form is required. FEMA subsequently specified that this six-month period began on July 1 making the use of the new version mandatory on January 1, 2013.

As part of the National Flood Determination Association (NFDA), CoreLogic is working with FEMA to clarify a few points related to the new form and we expect FEMA to issue an official bulletin in the coming weeks. Following this, we will be able to incorporate the new form into our product offerings, which we anticipate will be accomplished well within the six-month transition period. We will update you once we have initiated use of the new form."

This seems to make more sense, but it's the only place I've seen it.

Return to Top
#1735102 - 08/24/12 10:00 PM Re: SFHDF Expiration JoAnne
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
One of the keys will be is if this form totally replaces the old form and therefor all the old ones will not be able to be re-used on a subsequent transaction.

Return to Top
#1745338 - 09/28/12 06:54 PM Re: SFHDF Expiration WI Banker
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Originally Posted By: WI Banker
I'm not sure where your October date came from, but the message you posted has been on the website for about a couple weeks(?). Although to me it doesn't make sense to have the expiration date the same as the implementation date. I figured we would hear more about it.

"Important Message

The new version of the Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form (FEMA Form 086-0-32, formerly 81-93) has been made available on FEMA's website (http://www.fema.gov/library/viewRecord.do?id=1394). In addition, FEMA has posted a statement on the website allowing users of the form a six-month adjustment period before final adoption of the new form is required. FEMA subsequently specified that this six-month period began on July 1 making the use of the new version mandatory on January 1, 2013.

As part of the National Flood Determination Association (NFDA), CoreLogic is working with FEMA to clarify a few points related to the new form and we expect FEMA to issue an official bulletin in the coming weeks. Following this, we will be able to incorporate the new form into our product offerings, which we anticipate will be accomplished well within the six-month transition period. We will update you once we have initiated use of the new form."

I don't see this on the FEMA site. Does anyone have a source/link?
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1745364 - 09/28/12 08:21 PM Re: SFHDF Expiration Andy_Z
WI Banker Offline
Gold Star
Originally Posted By: Andy Z
Originally Posted By: WI Banker

"Important Message

I don't see this on the FEMA site. Does anyone have a source/link?

That was on our vendor's website, and it has since been updated to match the message on FEMA's website.

"The Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form number has been changed from FEMA Form 81-93 to FEMA Form 086-0-32 and the form has been revised. This form expires on May 30, 2015. Please review the new form carefully. The Agency will be allowing users a three year transition period ending on the expiration date so user systems can be changed before final adoption of the form is required. The previous form can be used until that time. Users may choose to update their systems at any time to the new format."

FEMA new form dates

Return to Top