Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1672891 - 03/03/12 01:29 PM e-statement sign up
Web Offline
Gold Star
For our bank to have a customer receive an e-statement the customer has to login to online banking and set up the e-statement themself. I'd like to create a free account that has an e-statement but it is a challenge for us since we can't set up the e-statement our customer has to do it. Just wondering if banks have systems where the e-statement is automatically set up at account opening so we don't have to rely on the customer to do it. I know they need to accept disclosures so perhaps there is a system that has customer receive e-statement, but if they never access a paper one generates? Just wondering how others e-statements set up work. Thanks

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1672892 - 03/03/12 02:28 PM Re: e-statement sign up Web
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Go to the eBanking/Technology forum as there are a ton of discussions regarding the set up of eStatements. Unless you are opening accounts on-line, there is no way to establish eStatements at account opening. The customer has to give demonstrable consent proving that they can access the statements from the computer equipment that they will be using to receive them. They can't do that when they are sitting in a branch.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett