Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1674808 - 03/08/12 02:13 PM Cell phone numbers on business cards
SmallTownGirl Offline
What are your policies are printing cell phone numbers on business cards? Our bank does not pay for our lenders' cell phones so they are using their personal phones for business but some use their cells more than their office phones. Any pitfalls to printing them on the cards? I know I've seen articles saying "don't do it" but at the moment I can't lay my hands on one and don't remember the reasoning behind it.

Return to Top
Marketing
#1675263 - 03/08/12 08:35 PM Re: Cell phone numbers on business cards SmallTownGirl
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Whether or not an officer or employee using his/her own mobile phone is willing to share his/her mobile number with customers/clients ought to be a personal decision. It may be influenced by whether the individual is on salary or commission and by how close he or she runs to exhausting any monthly usage minutes on the mobile plan. If he/she wants a customer to have the mobile number, it's a simple (and personal) thing to write it on the business card.

I know it's ridiculous, but when a sales rep hands me a card and adds a mobile number to it, it looks like he/she cares about my business (as opposed to when it's preprinted).
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1675284 - 03/08/12 08:50 PM Re: Cell phone numbers on business cards SmallTownGirl
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
John, that is exactly what I did when I was a closing attorney. The amount of business that one move generated was huge. I would highly suggest pushing the employees to provide it on their own instead of having it pre-printed.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker