Skip to content
Thread Options
#1674739 - 03/07/12 11:08 PM CTR Question
IABANKER123 Offline
Junior Member
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 43
There are two businesses with seperate EIN numbers, Company A and Company B. These two businesses have two seperate conductors, John and Bill. John makes a cash deposit of $4,700.00 cash deposit into Company A and a $4,800.00 deposit into Company B. Bill makes a cash deposit of $5,400.00 into Company A and a $5,000.00 cash deposit into Company B. So the totals are:

Company A: 10,100.00
Company B: 9,800.00
John: 9,500.00
Bill: 10,400.00

How should I proceed with the CTR? Should I have one CTR with the combined deposit totals of both businesses and list both conductors?

Return to Top
#1674900 - 03/08/12 03:44 PM Re: CTR Question IABANKER123
nemsi Offline
Gold Star
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 383
I would file one CTR- 19,900 cash in. I would list both businesses and both transactors.

Return to Top
#1674962 - 03/08/12 04:30 PM Re: CTR Question IABANKER123
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 39,684
Cape Cod
Both of the deposits by Bill are reportable because they aggregate to over $10,000. Both of the deposits to Company A are reportable, because they aggregate to over $10,000.

But John's deposit to Company B is not reportable, because whether you aggregate it by conductor (John's total is $9500) or by party on whose behalf they're conducted (B's total is $9,800) the total is not reportable.

So, I'd do a single CTR with Section A entries for Company A and Company B and Section B entries for John and for Bill, but I'd report a total of $15,100: John's $4,700 deposit plus Bill's $10,400 combined deposits.
John S. Burnett
Fighting for Compliance since 1976
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z