Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 11 of 52 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 51 52
Thread Options
#1675994 - 03/10/12 12:40 AM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Joy I have read them at least 4 times since October, when I had my first read of them. I love the brothers!!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1675995 - 03/10/12 12:44 AM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
joyfulone Offline
CA
kms - 4 times. I admit, I already started re-reading Wrath's. And I just finished last night. But I'm taking a cue from a friend and skipping the Lesser parts unless they have to do with the Brothers. smile

Return to Top
#1675996 - 03/10/12 01:10 AM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I skip the flash back in Zsadists book, and then some of the flash back in John Mathew's and Vish's. I read it all the first time thru but now I like keeping with the present day stuff. Some lesser stuff I will skip too but some of it is funny to me, like when Mr O pops himself in front of Mr X! I read a cut scene about the lessers on her web page and it was very sexual between them and the Omega

Return to Top
#1676103 - 03/12/12 01:41 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
The Minion Offline
Platinum Poster
The Minion
Okay...has anyone read "Fifty shades of Grey"? DO IT! OMG It is an amazing book. I read it this weekend. My family was a little put out since I wopuldn't get off the couch for 2 days. They aren't used to it, but I couldn't stop reading. I downloaded the 2nd book last night. I can't wait to delve into it later. I would never have picked it on my own, it was recommended. Whew!

Return to Top
#1676117 - 03/12/12 01:57 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler The Minion
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Devil Minion
Okay...has anyone read "Fifty shades of Grey"? DO IT! OMG It is an amazing book. I read it this weekend. My family was a little put out since I wopuldn't get off the couch for 2 days. They aren't used to it, but I couldn't stop reading. I downloaded the 2nd book last night. I can't wait to delve into it later. I would never have picked it on my own, it was recommended. Whew!

Oohh, will have to check this out too. I thought I would have a "Brother" or two left to download for my vacation, but I'm afraid I will finish before the middle of next week. I am almost thru John Matthew's. I will need to stock up for my cruise next week.

What should I get next since I've finished the Fever Series and close to finishing the Brother series? Would welcome suggestions. Other wise I have to re-read this entire thread and would rather start a new series. Wait - I guess we can now call this thread a series, huh? grin

Return to Top
#1676157 - 03/12/12 02:34 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I assume you are looking for an 'adult' series, as oppose to YA?

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1676166 - 03/12/12 02:49 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
joyfulone Offline
CA
I read about the Fifty Shades of Grey this weekend. I downloaded the sample, but I think I will have to get it. A friend and I got a third friend hooked on the Brothers this weekend. We figured we just had to share. smile

Return to Top
#1676205 - 03/12/12 03:17 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler manimal
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: manimal
I assume you are looking for an 'adult' series, as oppose to YA?

Not sure. I think your avatar is hynotizing me into whatever it wants. grin I like both genres, adult and YA (I'm a HP, Twilight and Hunger Games fan). I did download a sample of the Game of Thrones and was thinking about checking it out.

Return to Top
#1676219 - 03/12/12 03:26 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Have you read the Vampire Academy series? Almost as addicting as Faefever, and on the upper end of YA.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1676239 - 03/12/12 03:50 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
No but I'll check it out. Thanks. I'm going to need more than one book for 5 day vaca that includes flying and cruising.

Return to Top
#1676244 - 03/12/12 03:55 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: Okie Banker
I did download a sample of the Game of Thrones and was thinking about checking it out.

Game of Thrones is excellent, but can be a bit intense. There are multiple arcs and timelines that you have to keep track of simultaneously, and the books are LONG. For vacation reading, it would probably depend on whether you want something that is going to completely absorb your attention or something light that is easily picked up and set down.

Return to Top
#1676245 - 03/12/12 03:55 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
There's 5 books in the series. smile

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1676337 - 03/12/12 05:30 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
What should I get next since I've finished the Fever Series and close to finishing the Brother series? Would welcome suggestions. Other wise I have to re-read this entire thread and would rather start a new series. Wait - I guess we can now call this thread a series, huh? grin

Vampire Academy
Lords of the Underworld

The Witches of Eileanan- Not Supernatural and not smut- but magic, and love, and awesomeness. smile my favorite Adult Fantasy series EVER.

Return to Top
#1676338 - 03/12/12 05:30 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
I'd better find something other than Game of Thrones then. I'll check out Fifty Shades of Grey and Vampire Academy and the other one above (Paris....) they are talking about. Thanks.

Return to Top
#1676341 - 03/12/12 05:35 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Also, if you liked Twilight, check out Lauren Kate's "Fallen."

Return to Top
#1676346 - 03/12/12 05:41 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
I went back, hit and miss, through this thread and grabbed a few more names. Which one to start next (if I have the names right)? Anyone want to chime in?

Demonica
Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter
Dark Hunters
Dark Lover

Ra's Chosen – couldn’t get into

Return to Top
#1676347 - 03/12/12 05:41 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler RR Becca
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: RR Becca

Thanks, will do.

Return to Top
#1676351 - 03/12/12 05:46 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
Lords of the underworld (9 books so far), and Fallen. smile

Return to Top
#1676360 - 03/12/12 05:57 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Dark Lover is part of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series (the "brothers" you keep seeing us drool about).

Demonica is also excellent.

Lords of the Underworld are pretty good.

There are a LOT of Dark Hunters.

I couldn't get into Ra's Chosen, either. I got about 3/4 through the first one and abandoned it. That's pretty rare for me.
Last edited by RR Becca; 03/12/12 05:58 PM. Reason: missed one

Return to Top
#1676386 - 03/12/12 06:24 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Demonica is also excellent.

^^^Been thinking about checking this out myself.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1676388 - 03/12/12 06:25 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Originally Posted By: RR Becca

Thanks, will do.

"Wolves of Mercy Falls" trilogy, written by Maggie Stiefvater. Totally YA, but I liked them. The second book is particularly good. Makes you long for a dood with yellow eyes...............

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1676590 - 03/13/12 01:23 AM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I would go with the dark hunter or lords of the underworld. A lot less of the lords than the dark hunter. I am not sure what series I liked more. Probably the dark hunters but the Lords were quicker reads for me. hmmmm I guess they are tied I just can't choose one over the other!

Return to Top
#1676738 - 03/13/12 03:13 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
KMS (and others who have read the Lords)

Just found this: Darkest Angel

It's an Anthology, but the first Story in the books is a short story about how Bianka and Lysander got together... smile

And This: Wicked Nights

IT's a spin off- The angel warriors (Starting with "Zach") grin
Last edited by Loralie; 03/13/12 03:19 PM.

Return to Top
#1678565 - 03/16/12 02:16 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I went back, hit and miss, through this thread and grabbed a few more names. Which one to start next (if I have the names right)? Anyone want to chime in?

Demonica
Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter
Dark Hunters
Dark Lover

Ra's Chosen – couldn’t get into

If it were me I would choose the Demonica series first. Also, check out the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian. They are BDBish and I really enjoyed them.

Return to Top
#1678583 - 03/16/12 02:28 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Thanks Loralie!!! I was wondering how those two hooked up!!!

I am on Rehv's book now, evidently those that ordered the autographed copy of Torh's book may get it early. JR Ward said to have plenty of tissues on hand for this book. Praying no one dies in it! When I was rereading Phury's book I realized I really don't care for his story, I like the other story lines in that book but for some reason (maybe the wizard) his story didn't hit me as much as the others.

Return to Top
Page 11 of 52 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 51 52