BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1676784 - 03/13/12 03:41 PM Push Button Ignition on Cars Considered Unsafe
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
My day to vent over stupid stuff....

Push button ignitions considered unsafe because several drivers have failed to push the button to turn off the engine, the fumes entered the house and killed them.

I think that makes the DRIVERS unsafe....not the push button ignition. When are people going to quit blaming something or someone else for their own stupid mistakes.

I love, love, love, love my push button ignition....I'm so spoiled, will never go back to having to dig out a key to unlock or turn on my car.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1676790 - 03/13/12 03:44 PM Re: Push Button Ignition on Cars Considered Unsafe swiggles
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I'm waiting for the article on someone suing car manufacturers because the car didn't stop when they left it in D.......for Done Driving

Return to Top
#1676803 - 03/13/12 03:50 PM Re: Push Button Ignition on Cars Considered Unsafe swiggles
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
I admit.....one day when I pulled in my driveway, I became distracted and got out of the car and left it running. I couldn't hear that it was still running because my neighbor was mowing the lawn. It ran for an hour and a half until I came back out to go somewhere. This was no one's fault but my own.

Return to Top
#1676914 - 03/13/12 05:22 PM Re: Push Button Ignition on Cars Considered Unsafe swiggles
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
My husband and I both have the push button starts and neither one of us has left our vehicles on in the garage. Heck, my 'Park' setting is even a push button.

Return to Top