Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#167857 - 03/16/04 03:51 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Come visit us! We are having 60 degree weather!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#167858 - 03/16/04 03:58 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Quote:

Ahh yes spring fever. I just saw the first robin of the year, it was stuck in the grill of a snow plow! 6-10 inches of snow today for us!

Spring??? That's a good one! We received 16" of snow yesterday. Took me an hour and a half to shovel out my driveway this morning. And we are supposed to get more today . . .

Return to Top
#167859 - 03/16/04 04:03 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
BettyBoop Offline
100 Club
Penna.
Quote:

Ahh yes spring fever. I just saw the first robin of the year, it was stuck in the grill of a snow plow! 6-10 inches of snow today for us!

Here too, 6 inches or more!!!! I had robins every morning in the front yard, hope of Sring right there, beautiful.
Poor things will be needed parka's and snow shoes today

Return to Top
#167860 - 03/16/04 04:14 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
LinMarie Offline
100 Club
LinMarie
To all the people in the Northeast, you know we always get a storm in March. Maybe this will be it and we can get on with spring! Anyone remember the Ice Storm in 1991 and the Blizzard of 1993? Both in March!

Return to Top
#167861 - 03/16/04 05:19 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
It actually snowed down here in South GA and South AL in 1993 in March! We're about 70 something degrees with a lot of liquid falling from the sky at the moment. All of my dogwoods, azaleas, redbud trees, etc. are budding at the moment. May it stay warm so they will be beautiful for Easter!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#167862 - 03/16/04 09:09 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
It is snowing here in Indiana today, yuck. It is supposed to be close to 60 on Saturday. Typical Indian March weather.

Return to Top
#167863 - 03/16/04 09:23 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
William J. Ludwig Offline
100 Club
William J. Ludwig
New York, New York USA
Lin, I remember both the March 1993 storm and the January 1996 blizzard.

It's been snowing all afternoon in New York City (but not sticking). The "green line" has been painted in the street on Fifth Avenue for tomorrow's parade. So, why is the weather causing some people to sing "I'm dreaming of a white... St. Patrick's Day."

Here's an article "Blizzard rating system unveiled" 1993 Northeastern storm ranked most devasting.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4489649/

Return to Top
#167864 - 03/17/04 03:30 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
100 Club
William J. Ludwig
New York, New York USA
Well, we got 3.5 inches of snow in NYC yesterday. In Manhattan the snow is already gone and we are ready for the St. Patrick's Day parade which begins at 11 a.m.

Here's an editorial that appears tody in The New York Times:

Forward Into Spring

It doesn't take much of a snowstorm in the middle weeks of March to remind inveterate weather watchers of the great March snowstorms of the past. Particularly - for those of us in the Northeast - the blizzard of 1888 and the superstorm of 1993. The 1888 blizzard, which killed some 400 people across the region, is now part of our meteorological ancestry, the kind of event that has continued to grow in stature even though the last witnesses are long gone. A blizzard will probably never be able to sneak up on us again the way that one did. We now have the luxury of seeing what's coming, watching open-mouthed as an event like the March 1993 storm develops. That one, as many of us remember, cut through 26 states and killed some 270 people.

But the cruelty of a mid-March storm, even the modest kind that hit yesterday, is usually psychological. There have already been a few days of springlike warmth. Dawn shows behind the hills or beyond the skyline by 5:30, and twilight lingers till well past 6. Most of us have shifted out of our dire winter coats. The first flocks of robins are back on the ground, and in the country red-winged blackbirds can be heard in the marshes. Everything is tipping in one direction. And then it snows again. No one is responsible. But is feels like a kind of distributive injustice. There are parts of the world that really need this precipitation. Let them have it.

Return to Top
#167865 - 03/17/04 06:29 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
I'm sorry for all of you from up East having to deal with snow still. It is beautiful, sunny, and 72 degrees today in Oklahoma! Last night I spent two hours working on my new garden, pulling weeds, and preparing to get my new patio poured today! Yeah!

Oh I love this time of year....and after all my pitchfork work last night, I also love my Advil.

Return to Top
#167866 - 03/17/04 06:31 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
It's bright and sunny in Missouri today! I think the high will be in the 60's the rest of the week. I'm wanting to start some container flowers for my porch but I know it's too soon.

Return to Top
#167867 - 03/17/04 07:26 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
It's just too beautiful here today - I WANNA BE OUTSIDE!!!! No AC or Heat - better yet - no Mosquitos and no gnats. We can actually ENJOY sitting outside. I have way too much yard work to do - all my flowerbeds look pitiful - need weeding. The backyard also has to be tilled for my veggie garden. My grandpa always told me never to plant before Easter but Easter's just too late this year for that to hold true. I gotta get busy!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#167868 - 03/17/04 08:23 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
It's still snowing, it was supposed to end last night!

Return to Top
#167869 - 03/17/04 10:28 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
BankerMama Offline
Diamond Poster
BankerMama
Been beautiful here in Birmingham Alabama. 60's and 70 degrees. I burned to a crisp at the lake last weekend while working getting our little lake place ready for fun times!

Return to Top
#167870 - 03/18/04 03:46 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
100 Club
William J. Ludwig
New York, New York USA
Maria, The tri-state area is under a winter storm watch again (ugh). This winter refuses to go away.

New York County
Winter Storm Watch:

Issued at: 4:13 AM EST 3/18/04, expires at: 11:00 AM EST 3/18/04

Winter storm watch tonight through early Friday afternoon.
Snow is expected to begin across new jersey and new york city by midnight, and continue until about midday Friday before tapering off and ending during Friday afternoon. The snow may become heavy at times after midnight through the predawn hours. By sunrise snow accumulations are expected to range from 2 to 5 inches. Additional snow during Friday morning will bring the total snowfall for the storm to 5 to 7 inches.
Stay tuned to noaa weather radio and other local media for further details or updates.
A winter storm watch is issued when severe winter weather is possible, but not imminent. At the time, there is a potential for significant snow and or ice accumulations. Future driving and walking conditions may become hazardous, so it is important to monitor the latest forecasts.

Return to Top
#167871 - 03/18/04 03:53 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I know William, I already told my son he may be coming to work with me tomorrow.
After my 2+ hour commute on Tuesday, I wonder if the boss would let me work from home???

Be careful all you northeasterners out there!

Return to Top
#167872 - 03/18/04 04:21 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Keep your chins up, spring is around the corner.

By the way, it's a sunny 73 degrees here today...I really don't want to be at work.

Return to Top
#167873 - 03/19/04 02:10 AM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I'm confused by a word many of you are using that I'm not familiar with. "Sunny" What is this bizzare foreign group of letters and how do I get some?

Two feet of ice outside still (the snow compacts and becomes ice) I feel like I live on a glacier!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#167874 - 03/19/04 11:14 AM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
I'm surrendering. Sunny (I'll send you a picture Dawnie) and mid seventies today. Taking a vacation day to enjoy it.

Return to Top
#167875 - 03/19/04 12:17 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
It's supposed to be sunny and 60 degrees here today. This weekend I do my spring cleaning. I'd love to take today off, but since I just got back from the ABA Graduate School there is a lot on my desk.

BTW - I had a great time and learned a lot. Even met Andy Z and DebNP.

Return to Top
#167876 - 03/19/04 12:37 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Ha ha! Dawnie, I probably should not complain, but they closed my son's school again today! I have had it! I am glad I had the foresight to bring some work home with me.

Return to Top
#167877 - 03/19/04 04:58 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
It's supposed to be 82 degrees here today!

Return to Top
#167878 - 03/19/04 05:03 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
It has snowed off and on in New England for the past several days!!! Spring???? I don't think so!!!

Return to Top
#167879 - 03/19/04 06:49 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Well today is supposed to be 70's and sunny so we must enjoy it while we can. Sunday will be back in the 40's and yukky. Don't you just love the mid-west.

Return to Top
#167880 - 03/19/04 06:57 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Quote:

It's supposed to be 82 degrees here today!

You just have to love Oklahoma! We are expected to get some rain tonight and tomorrow which is really freaking me out because I am having a new patio poured today. I have already been on the phone with the contractor worring about what the rain would do to my new cement..."rain, rain, go away - come again another day!"

Return to Top
#167881 - 03/19/04 07:03 PM Re: SPRING FEVER.....Got It!!!!!
RUNSWITHSCISSORS Offline
Platinum Poster
RUNSWITHSCISSORS
Sunny and 72 here just south of Atlanta today.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3