Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1678943 - 03/16/12 09:23 PM Default to e-statements
notuntermywatch Offline
Gold Star
MN
I've tried searching for this and I swear I have seen this discussed, but I'm looking for information regarding defaulting to e-statements in product set-up.

For example, right now we have to default to paper statements because the customer has to demonstrate their ability to received the disclosures so they have to sign up themselves?

Could there be a manner in which you default to estatements at physical account opening and then have the customer go in and finish some step on-line to demonstrate the consent...and then as a manual process, for anyone who didn't complete that electornic consent step prior to the first statement would have to be turned back to paper or called and reminded???

Has anyone done anything like this?

Last edited by notuntermywatch; 03/16/12 09:24 PM.
Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1678966 - 03/16/12 11:18 PM Re: Default to e-statements notuntermywatch
Richard Insley Online
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
It's OK to require e-delivery as a feature of new accounts, but what you describe isn't across the board. In spite of your "requirement" and the customer's agreement (on paper?) to the "requirement", by going home and doing nothing, the customer will get paper documents. If I'm the customer who confirms my consent online, then when I learn that others got paper (which is what I really wanted), I won't be happy.

Operationally, you're asking for higher cost and more errors if you plan to review and reset the delivery option for each new account.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z