Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thread Options
#1681419 - 03/23/12 01:45 PM Hunger Games?
PStateBank Offline
Gold Star
PStateBank
Texas
Has anyone seen the movie yet?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1681420 - 03/23/12 01:46 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
A_G Offline
10K Club
See "Yeah That's the Ticket" thread.

Return to Top
#1681435 - 03/23/12 01:57 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
VWgirl21 Offline
100 Club
The Bluegrass
I am going to see it tonight!

Return to Top
#1681442 - 03/23/12 02:09 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
chenin Offline
Diamond Poster
chenin
I want to see it this weekend.

Return to Top
#1681449 - 03/23/12 02:11 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Heard an interview with the Director (Gary Ross) and Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss) - they expect to start filming the 2nd book in September. smile

Return to Top
#1681454 - 03/23/12 02:15 PM Re: Hunger Games? E.E.G.B
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I personally play this game six times a day

Return to Top
#1681457 - 03/23/12 02:23 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Going to see it Monday with a coworker! laugh So excited. We're taking a few personal hours off to see if during the day.

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1681626 - 03/23/12 04:54 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
I'll see it when I finish the book. I read slow and am not even to page 100 yet. I liek the book so far but not super keen on the whoel first person present tense thing. But I'm def hooked on the story.

Return to Top
#1681646 - 03/23/12 05:14 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
Bluesfan57 Offline
100 Club
Peak 10 Breck, CO
saw it last night at 12:25, didnt get home till after 3am...... it is rather entertaining.

as always parts had to be left out but it was still good

Return to Top
#1681665 - 03/23/12 05:35 PM Re: Hunger Games? Bluesfan57
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By: Bluesfan57
saw it last night at 12:25, didnt get home till after 3am......

Is that why the coffee maker has been running non-stop all day? laugh

Return to Top
#1681718 - 03/23/12 06:31 PM Re: Hunger Games? GuitarDude
Bluesfan57 Offline
100 Club
Peak 10 Breck, CO
im on the mio energy kick right not

the cheaters way to drink water grin

Return to Top
#1681972 - 03/25/12 09:00 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
So for those who saw it - thoughts??

I thought they did a good job overall. I do think the book was more intense / scarier (ie the Muttations.) But the film was still good.

Some things I really liked were seeing the Gamesmakers behind the scenes and the scenes between Seneca Crane & President Snow. I thought that was smart and a good set-up for the next 2 films. I liked the slight change to the ending with Peeta & Katniss too, it wasn't as sad as the book.

Some things I wished they had done differently - I wish they had made the final scene in the Arena more intense, as it was in the book. I also wish they had spent a couple more minutes on the relationship with Rue and the relationship between Katniss & Peeta.

Return to Top
#1681984 - 03/26/12 12:01 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
arye23 Offline
Gold Star
Saw the movie Saturday. Loved it! Now we have to read the books. My wife finished the first one in 6 hours, now I'm on it. We had to order the second from Amazon because everyone in town was sold out. It will be in on Wednesday and we can't wait!!

Return to Top
#1682009 - 03/26/12 01:16 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
The only thing I really didn't like was that it had too much camera motion - difficult to follow the action with all that moving around. Kinda gave me a headache.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1682030 - 03/26/12 01:59 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
Hobbes Offline
100 Club
Hobbes
On a sled
Saw it Sunday with my daughter. She's read the books, I haven't. I thought the first half was kind of slow, but the second half moved really well. She enjoyed it, said they stayed fairly true to the book.

The entire movie was shot in NC. I've been to several areas that they shot in - around Hendersonville. Beautiful country up there in the mountains. They expect tourism to pick up as people come to see where the movie was made.

I really enjoyed the trailer for the new Avengers movie and am looking forward to that.

Return to Top
#1682031 - 03/26/12 02:02 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Next film is projected to be out November 2013!

Return to Top
#1682042 - 03/26/12 02:28 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
VWgirl21 Offline
100 Club
The Bluegrass
I saw the film on Friday and although I liked it it was just missing someting. I think it is because I loved the books so much. I know they had to squeezed a lot into 2 and 1/2 hours.

Really my only complaint is all the teeny boppers who screamed everytime Josh Huterson came on screen. He is from my area which probably the reason for the super hype.

Return to Top
#1682049 - 03/26/12 02:34 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
I have noticed that this film has received a lot of following. I must say that I saw the trailer a few months back and had not desire to see the film at all.

Maybe I will catch it for free on TBS five years from now and change my mind.

Return to Top
#1682051 - 03/26/12 02:35 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
The actor who plays Peeta is from the Cincinnati area, so the girls are going crazy about him here.

I haven't seen it yet, but can someone tell me what the minimum age you'd recommend for this movie would be? We have a 9 year old who REALLY wants to come with the rest of the family to see this, and I am just not sure that it is even close to appropriate.

Return to Top
#1682053 - 03/26/12 02:39 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
The subject matter in the context of your question is a fight to the death among 13 to 18 year old kids. That being said, the violence is very muted, or after the fact. You'll have to make the judgement about nine, but It's not that bad.

Return to Top
#1682071 - 03/26/12 02:53 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
My 10 year old has anxiety issues and nightmares on a regular basis, and she read the books and saw the movie and hasn't had a single problem. In fact, she's more than a little obsessed. smile

I havn't seen the movie yet (going tonight!!) but she said the violence isn't really that bad, and the only even kinda bloody part is the "bloodbath" at the Cornucopia.

Return to Top
#1682077 - 03/26/12 02:55 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
Glutes Offline
Platinum Poster
Glutes
Texas
Saw movie yesterday. Enjoyed it. Didn't know anything about the books until the hype over the movie kicked into high gear these past several weeks. Went Sunday morning. Asked the ticket lady if this particular time slot was packed. She said, "No, it's early in the morning". I walk in and the theater room is freaking packed. A few empty seats here and there. Usher (movie usher, not Let it Burn Usher) had to find you a seat.

Interestingly, lot's of adults and old grey haired people there.

Anyhow, I enjoyed the movie.

Return to Top
#1682079 - 03/26/12 02:59 PM Re: Hunger Games? B_F
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Originally Posted By: B_F
The actor who plays Peeta is from the Cincinnati area, so the girls are going crazy about him here.

I haven't seen it yet, but can someone tell me what the minimum age you'd recommend for this movie would be? We have a 9 year old who REALLY wants to come with the rest of the family to see this, and I am just not sure that it is even close to appropriate.

Honestly, I don't think it's that bad for a 9YO. The bloodshed is not glorified or gratuitous (sp?!), or really, even shown all that much. And I'm pretty picky about what my kids are allowed to see.

[Prior to actually seeing it I would have said absolutely not, but I thought they handled it well.]

Return to Top
#1682081 - 03/26/12 03:03 PM Re: Hunger Games? Glutes
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Originally Posted By: Glutes
Saw movie yesterday. Enjoyed it. Didn't know anything about the books until the hype over the movie kicked into high gear these past several weeks. Went Sunday morning. Asked the ticket lady if this particular time slot was packed. She said, "No, it's early in the morning". I walk in and the theater room is freaking packed. A few empty seats here and there. Usher (movie usher, not Let it Burn Usher) had to find you a seat.

I went to the earliest matinee yesterday AM, and there was a huge line to get in. I have NEVER seen that many people at a very early show. I think the only open seats together were on the very front row, and even then there were maybe 2 sets of 2 together. Everything else in the theater was single seats only, and not many of those.

Return to Top
#1682083 - 03/26/12 03:04 PM Re: Hunger Games? PStateBank
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
I researched it online (Plugged in Family Review) and then looked at the You Tube clips.

What's on You Tube is rather graphic, but wasn't in the movie.

Not sure if those are director cuts on Youtube or what.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7