Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#168803 - 03/12/04 04:31 AM Fantasy March Madness
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Here we go again. It is a little early to make your picks, but not to early to join our league. Use your team from last year or create a new one. Our League name in "Threads". Our password is "complyordie".

You can join here: Sport Illustrated Fantasy March Madness

You could win $1,000,000.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#168804 - 03/12/04 03:06 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
I can't log in Z. It tells me that the user ID and password don't match.

Return to Top
#168805 - 03/12/04 03:12 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
And I'm being told that the threads password is incorrect. It's frustrating this year!!

Return to Top
#168806 - 03/12/04 03:13 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
You have to create a fantasy User ID first (with a corresponding password). Then you can join the "Threads" League using the above information.

Return to Top
#168807 - 03/12/04 03:17 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I was just told the password is incorrect also? Hmmm! We may have to create a new league and let that one die. If no one can get in, that is what I will do.

Return to Top
#168808 - 03/12/04 03:21 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
You're right Z. You have to register as an individual, then when you click on the link to join a league, it takes you to threads. I got in. Cool! (Well, I got the the page anyway, now I see what you mean about incorrect password ) I take it back, I'm not in.
Last edited by elena; 03/12/04 03:24 PM.

Return to Top
#168809 - 03/12/04 03:52 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
I figured out the password!

complyordie was too long, so the password is actually complyordi

Return to Top
#168810 - 03/12/04 03:57 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Its kind of silly that they will let me enter in the password complyordie, but limit me to complyordi. I remembered that I had to use complyordi last year, but thought maybe they'd changed the allowable length. I did not actually count the letters. Guess if I'd done that I would have known.

Return to Top
#168811 - 03/12/04 04:07 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
I think I'm in, but it still says there are 4 teams....and I'm not one of them. I'll check back. One word of warning to each and every one of you.....I won this thing last year at my bank....I'm DANGEROUS!!

Return to Top
#168812 - 03/12/04 04:10 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

I think I'm in, but it still says there are 4 teams....and I'm not one of them. I'll check back. One word of warning to each and every one of you.....I won this thing last year at my bank....I'm DANGEROUS!!

I'm shaking in my boots! LOLOL Kidding, I'm kidding! I stink at this, but have been lucky enough to win $20.00 once by guessing!

Return to Top
#168813 - 03/12/04 04:21 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Hey dude, if you win the million dollars, each member of the team is expecting a check for at least $10,000.

Return to Top
#168814 - 03/12/04 04:21 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I think you're in, FraudPup. But a name that was on there before is missing. I'm ready to pick my teams, hurry up Sunday!

Return to Top
#168815 - 03/12/04 04:46 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Quote:

I won this thing last year at my bank....I'm DANGEROUS!!

I came in second last year behind a girl that picked teams based upon colors and mascots.

Return to Top
#168816 - 03/12/04 05:22 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Quote:

I came in second last year behind a girl that picked teams based upon colors and mascots.

LOLOL snort, sorry AT, but that's funny...I don't care who y'are!

Return to Top
#168817 - 03/12/04 05:23 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
I'm in. Someone is going to have to remind to make my picks next week or I might forget!

Return to Top
#168818 - 03/12/04 05:59 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Was her name Diane Chambers?

Return to Top
#168819 - 03/12/04 06:01 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Was her name Diane Chambers?

How funny! That's how my mother-in-law won football picks one year!! She like the color of their uniforms and their helmets!

Return to Top
#168820 - 03/12/04 08:38 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Quote:

Quote:

Hey dude, if you win the million dollars, each member of the team is expecting a check for at least $10,000.

Let's just call that a long shot, but I think I could handle a $10k donation to each of the other teams in the league if I pull down a cool Million!! hehe. My strategy is simple....I don't watch college basketball during the season, then I pick by name recognition. I'm a football fan, not a basketball fan (except every March )

Return to Top
#168821 - 03/15/04 03:42 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I made my picks--unlike past years, where I read up a little on the teams, this year I went with my gut. I'll probably do better. The only problem is I picked my Horns to return to the Final 4 and that probably will not happen.

Return to Top
#168822 - 03/15/04 04:12 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Hey, they almost let my Sooners beat them! What a comeback team we are with only 8 players left! I can see the future now, though. Just wait until those Freshman are juniors and seniors!!!

Return to Top
#168823 - 03/15/04 04:36 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Yep! Almost!! Too bad we weren't playing horseshoes!!! I too can't wait for UT to beat OU's freshmen when they are juniors and seniors.

Return to Top
#168824 - 03/15/04 05:06 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Z, I think it will be the other way around. We almost beat you when they are freshman, we will get you by the time they get some more experience!!!!

Return to Top
#168825 - 03/15/04 05:31 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
We did something that is very difficult--beat a good team 3 times in one season. But we did it. We beat OU 66-37, 68-63, and 66-63. The Sooners will improve and so will Texas. Bring it on Sooners; I like our chances.

Return to Top
#168826 - 03/15/04 06:13 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
At least thanks for acknowledging that we are a "good" team. Sampson has had his obstacles this year, but shows he is a "heck" of a coach to accomplish what he has this year with the players he had to work with. He is a classy guy. I think we have a winning combination with Sampson, Coale and Stoops. Hope they stay around for a long time.

Return to Top
#168827 - 03/15/04 06:56 PM Re: Fantasy March Madness
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Rick Barnes complimented him for coaching the game of his life. I agree. As shorthanded as they were, they almost beat a very good Texas team--a Texas team that could beat anyone at any time and lose to just about anyone at any time. I changed my bracket--I have them bowing out in the Elite 8. That is not so far fetched, but at the same time unlikely.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3