Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1688357 - 04/12/12 05:46 PM Two Properties securing the Loan - GFE Question
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
The customer is purchasing a residence, which will secure the loan. The customer is also using their previous residence to secure the loan. It is owned free and clear, so there is no mortgage on the property.

GFE instructions for property address states "location of the property for which financing is sought"

So under Property Address on the GFE do we list both properties? I think we should, especially since the customer will incur costs related to both properties.

Is this right?

Return to Top
RESPA
#1688371 - 04/12/12 06:18 PM Re: Two Properties securing the Loan - GFE Question Likes to Comply
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Assuming this loan won't fall under a bridge exemption, the finacing is actually being sought to purchase property A. This is the property I would list.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1688374 - 04/12/12 06:23 PM Re: Two Properties securing the Loan - GFE Question RR Joker
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Processor just told me that the loan software will not put the second property address. She can modify the GFE manually but then the address is cut off when she prints it. The box size for property location is fixed and is only large enough to fit one address.

So I guess we have no choice in the matter.

Is it actually required that the multiple properties be identified on the GFE?

Return to Top
#1688384 - 04/12/12 06:39 PM Re: Two Properties securing the Loan - GFE Question Likes to Comply
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
As I already mentioned, I would only list property A. If it weren't for purchasing that property, financing wouldn't be being sought, right?

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1688390 - 04/12/12 06:55 PM Re: Two Properties securing the Loan - GFE Question Likes to Comply
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Thanks for the help!

Return to Top

Moderator:  QCL