Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1689316 - 04/17/12 01:12 PM bank acquires another bank - loans in flood zones
gadawg1 Offline
Gold Star
Georgia
Can someone point me to the requirements for flood when a bank acquires another bank? Is the acquiring bank required to perform new determinations or can they rely on the determinations used by the other bank?

Return to Top
Flood Compliance
#1689342 - 04/17/12 02:08 PM Re: bank acquires another bank - loans in flood zones gadawg1
ComplianceNerd Offline
Gold Star
Texas ...
You should be able to rely on the determinations pulled by the previous bank. I'd suggest re-pulling if the determinations are older than 7 years though. Also, I'd get with the personnel from the old bank (if possible) to determine the service company used and have those transfered to your bank for LOL correspondance if there are any flood zone changes.

This is just my opinion! smile

Return to Top
#1689361 - 04/17/12 02:49 PM Re: bank acquires another bank - loans in flood zones gadawg1
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
We simply have the lenders pull a new determination from our vendor when they touch the loan for any reason, renewal, refinace, modification, extension, etc.... We've found it easier for all of our LOL monitoring to come from one company. Sometimes, if the acquiring bank doesn't have a contract with the purchased bank's flood provider, they don't feel inclined to continue sending those reports. Some aren't very good at sending even if you have a contract.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top