Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1689627 - 04/17/12 07:29 PM Fees were correct on original GFE
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
However when the LO transferred the file from mortgagebot to our Loan Operating System and then redisclosed the GFE due to rate lock, a fee dropped off and the LO didn't notice it. Are we stuck with having to "eat" that fee even though the original GFE had the fee on it???

am torn because technically the only thing that is supposed to change with a redisclosure are those fees affected by the redisclosure. The fee that was omitted was not one of those fees. But then I think that lender error is not a change of circumstance to get the fee back on. So confused, I tried looking at the RESPA Q&A but my brain is hurting and maybe someone has had this happen to them?

Well back to researching but if anyone would have any ideas, your feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

Return to Top
RESPA
#1689642 - 04/17/12 08:00 PM Re: Fees were correct on original GFE Bec
Truffle Royale Online

10K Club
Unfortunately, you cannot act like the redisclosure didn't happen and revert back to the original GFE.
imho, you are stuck with whatever is, or in this case, is not on the redisclosure.
Hopefully, it's not a big fee.

Return to Top
#1689660 - 04/17/12 08:27 PM Re: Fees were correct on original GFE Bec
RulesFollower Offline
100 Club
Truffle, what should you do if this happens in reverse? What if a fee was inadvertantly increase on a re-disclosure, would you still use the increased fee on the Comparison Chart?

Return to Top
#1689729 - 04/18/12 12:45 AM Re: Fees were correct on original GFE Bec
Truffle Royale Online

10K Club
Please note that I am not speaking for HUD or CFPB.
As I prefaced above, imho, the bank should not benefit from its error.

Return to Top

Moderator:  QCL