Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1691871 - 04/24/12 02:20 PM Appraisal or Evaluation - How often?
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
In light of the newest Interagency Guidelines for appraisals, how long do you consider an appraisal or evaluation good for? I thought the guidelines stated you can reuse an appraisal or evaluation but must "validate" it, which is like conducting an evaluation again to confirm it is still accurate.

Currently we always get something, a new appraisal or conduct an independent in-house evaluation.

This has been a burden, as some of our customers will use the same collateral for multiple loans that may be originated only a few months apart.

Is anyone using a risk based approach and deeming appraisals or evaluations as "good" for a certain period of time before requiring a new one or going through a validation process? For instance, all appraisals or evaluations that are less than 3 months are acceptable for re-use automatically...

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1692128 - 04/24/12 07:26 PM Re: Appraisal or Evaluation - How often? Likes to Comply
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
all appraisals or evaluations that are less than 3 months are acceptable for re-use automatically

The Interagency Guidelines have no provisions for this approach.

Return to Top
#1692308 - 04/25/12 01:20 PM Re: Appraisal or Evaluation - How often? Likes to Comply
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Thats what I thought, and why I didn't allow this when we implemented the new guidelines.

Thanks for the input, Dan!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z